Break Linkage Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinmuff

Ok, so here i have a picture of my break linkage, if got a kind of funky looking set up, but thats allright.
the actual servo isnt connected to the linkage bar at all, which doesent seem right to me to begin with, and so when i apply the breaks, it pushes on all of my junk i put on there, and then the brakes apply.
but once i stop pressing the breakes, the servo goes back, and the break linkage stays where it is (because the servo arm isnt connected to the break linkage bar at all)
so then i end up driving with my breakes on.
someone wanna help me out, how do i get my breakes to come off, and still have enough power to apply them as well?
Picture001-5.jpg

Use a collar with a set screw. You can get them at pretty much any hobby shop. Just put it on the linkage in front of the arm and tighted the screw. That way when the servo returns it pushes the linkage back.

but i kind of want to just make a quick fix right now
so what I'm wonderin is:
shouldent there be a way for the bar to come back, so that the brakes dis-engage after i engage them?

That is what the spring is supposed to do. I don't know I got my stock linkage to work great, just too some coaxing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back