Break in Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaceracer

Hey guys i tried breaking in the 4.6 this weekend and i was having issues with it idling it seemed like no matter what i did i could not get it to idle where the wheels would stop moving, every time i would try it would die. I looked over all trim settings, started all over and everything, tried a new glow plug and tried factory settings again still will not respond, the only thing i can think of is maybe buying some a.e. green slime and coat the hsn and lsn o rings to make sure they're sealed properly. The engine doesn't seem to have any leaks from what i can see, I don't have any oil coming out of the back plate or the carb area at all but if anyone has any other ideas for me to try i'm open to them.

Patience young grasshopper, once it is completely broken in it will settle down and idle correctly, for now just make sure it does not get too hot and when shut down the piston is at BDC while cooling.... these things are not like a 4 stroker they have to be completely broken in for the engine to settle down.....

oh trust me this isn't my first rodeo man i just have never had idling issues like this before and temps were actually fine surprisingly. i will get it back out in a couple of days and see what it does.

Latest posts

Members online

Back