Break-In Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderhawk6630

Finished installing the new LRP Spec 3. The problem I am having is I cannot turn the engine over when the glow plug is tightened down like it is supposed to be.

So I back it out a half turn and I can turn it over and it fires right up no problems there. But when I go and tighten the glow plug back down it dies. Starts choking for one to two seconds and then dies.

It will idle with the glow plug backed out a half turn, but fuel starts to puddle at the base of the cooling head.

I have gone through half a tank before posting this.

OK, got it going with the glow plug all the way screwed down. I added a few drops of after run oil in the glow plug hole, and then leaned the idle screw about a half turn. turned the engine over a few times and then tried again. Took a couple of tries but it finally kept running with the glow plug tightened all the way.

Is this common for the compression to be that tight? And was it OK to lean the idle screw a little? I was hesitant since it was break in. Thanks

glad you got it going. next time try warming the head up before you start it,it loosens up the sleeve a bit,ive used a small blow trorch,heat gun,and a hair dryer.

it's normal for the lrp to be that tight. Like said before try heatin it up and lossen that gp up a 1/4 turn on starting. You can also leave the igniter on for a few seconds why you clear the crankcase with a few blips of that throttle. One big thing is to make sure you are getting to 200°F and cooling down with piston at BDC.

I did make sure to let it cool at BDC, it runs perfect now.

You can also leave the igniter on for a few seconds why you clear the crankcase with a few blips of that throttle.

I tried, but I had to screw the plug back in and before I could get the ignitor back on, by that time it had already died. It must have been hilarious to anybody watching.

Thanks for the tips.

Latest posts

Members online

Back