Brand new savage xl flux recommended upgrades due do stock failure? 11-1-2023 I heard there’s a few must dos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_metz

Brand new savage xl flux
Looking for upgrade suggestions based off of factory part failures
I’m sure there are those that have there own list of things that can be improved but I’m looking only for those factory parts that fail during usage I don’t want to go crazy replacing stuff that doesn’t need to be changed
This also looks like a not very active forum
So all info is welcomed

IMG_3514.jpeg

Unfortunately there is no magic way to predict what may break and what will not, best you can do is run it and enjoy until something gives up, then find replacement parts and make it run again until it breaks again

build.jpg

Also there is a forum full of what others have done in the past, read and read some more. yes the forum is not as active as it once was, people move on, find other things to do and family things also make time short for posting on these type pages, but the information here is likely the best place to find out what is going to work for you....

Also there is a forum full of what others have done in the past, read and read some more. yes the forum is not as active as it once was, people move on, find other things to do and family things also make time short for posting on these type pages, but the information here is likely the best place to find out what is going to work for you....
I was referring to the known weak points this truck has ,I’d rather upgrade the stuff that’s been proven needs upgrading then wait for something to break ,and there are a few ,trying not to sift through 5 yr old message threads to find it . But thanks nonetheless for your input

I was referring to the known weak points this truck has ,I’d rather upgrade the stuff that’s been proven needs upgrading then wait for something to break ,and there are a few ,trying not to sift through 5 yr old message threads to find it . But thanks nonetheless for your input
Well if one is not willing to read and learn then I guess there is nuthin left to say except, good luck and enjoy the journey you are on....

Exactly as Jam1 says why replace when not broken get your moneys worth out of stock parts first!
You won’t find any more tips/info for Savage then on here as stated also, the Advanced Search works very well! 👍🏻

What the guru said.
It means there is no known weak points (or every point is a weak point lol). Just Send it.
Btw, scroll down on our homepage, there is a "best sellers" section. You might find some inspiration there.

get the rear tierod eliniminating hubs from Integy
aluminum from bearing carriers, but keep the piece between that and the arms plastic
take your shocks apart and put a short piece of fuel line on the rodthen put it back together so the fuelline is between shock bottom and piston (limits shock travel)

I don't understand people anymore.........they wanna open their flappers , but noting important spews out......."just do a forum search"

Rear tire rod eliminators like already said,thats a must,washers on the front tie rods so they don't pop off,metal spur gear,i have really good luck with the ali express ones,but robinson racing is always great.

You can do aluminim carriers ect,but i like to keep them plastic on some of my savages,i just keep a few spares.

Then,once you start bashing,check/Shim the diffs👍

get the rear tierod eliniminating hubs from Integy
aluminum from bearing carriers, but keep the piece between that and the arms plastic
take your shocks apart and put a short piece of fuel line on the rodthen put it back together so the fuelline is between shock bottom and piston (limits shock travel)

I don't understand people anymore.........they wanna open their flappers , but noting important spews out......."just do a forum search"
Well said👍

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back