Brand new out of the box 5.9 savage XL - check points before run in.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

I apologise if this has already been discussed.

I'm looking for advice of first things to looks out for and check before starting her up. Things like common loose or weak screws, spurs, diffs, servos etc. common points of failure or points of improvement an experienced operator would instinctively check or sort before even running the car for the first time. Things that the book doesn't cover.

I just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to ensure longevity and success.

Many thanks :)

I guess have agood read through manual & study how things go together. Check all screws for tightness & confirm spur/clutch bell for correct mess set up.
check/confirm servo operation, brakes work & fail safe is set up!
Take your time with break in & don’t rush it! 👍🏻

Locktite (blue) where needed (servo saver, engine mounts etc. Also grease the diffs and ring and pinion. My newest truck, cen f450, can with a tiny spit of grease on a truck that's for pulling.

Maybe a spring on the throttle incase the wire gets pulled or the batteries die. Basically if the truck is under power and the servos lose juice, it closes the throttle so it won't take off.

A soldering iron can heat the screw making it easy to remove when using loctite.

Also some motors like to be heated with a hairdryer to lower compression to start. Some need to be heated.

At least there has been some QC issues with new HPI savages:
1. Differential ring and pinion shimming has been too loose.
2. Transmission gear change adjustment has been off.

Latest posts

Members online

Back