braking problem with my new octane xl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guya's car is 2 weeks old, I bet he's still breaking it in, not braking it in ;)
I don't agree that they look worn, the width of the discs looks like new. It does look like the car has taken some beating though.

It also cannot be anything with the servo linkage, as it is the brake lever travel that has become too long. There is no wear in the plastics or screw, the cam and puck looks like new. Somewhere something has happened, for sure, but what is still a mystery ;)

img_20160205_135314-jpg.1658

To be honest... I'd probably try and drill a hole in the end of it, put a set screw in there and replace the plastic arm with a piece of piano wire like the old savage. Then you could bend the wire enough so it gives you plenty of motion without hitting the battery box.

Just realized, that steel shaft is probably too short. I go back to my first suggestion, drill and tap a new set of holes in the arm where it mounts to the shaft. I know it costs $10 to replace it if it cracks... but I think you could rotate it far enough forward that the new holes would be far enough away from the old ones to have enough material there to be strong.

Is it sandy where you run F-type? I know it is where Guya is. I suspect grit is getting into the brakes between the pads and plates and thinning the pads.

Latest posts

Members online

Back