brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krisr1978

Savage x 4.6

anyone had problems setting the brakes up???

i just cant manage to get any :-(

First off, replace the cruddy brake spring with a piece of fuel tubing. That helps alot. Second, if your still getting bad brakes, loosen the screw that holds the brake shaft on the transmisson, and slighty slide the shaft down, and re-tighten the screw.

Hope that helps!

or you can try tightening the small black nob/skrew/nut in the end of the brake linkage, i did that to a friend of mines savage x and it has great brakes now but what sd said is the best way i did this to my 25 the instint i bought it

looks like that might have done the trick

just hope iv not gone ott and got brake drag

its easy to check if you have brake drag. Turn your transmitter on, and your receiver. Push the car without touching the gas/brake and listen carefully. Now, give it about half throttle and see if it sounds different. You can also just flip the truck over, spin the tires, and watch the brakes.

coool

i hate being a newbie lol

but thanks for the advise, making my day a lot easier and stress free

coool

i hate being a newbie lol

but thanks for the advise, making my day a lot easier and stress free

i think its been said but always check the screws that hold the brake calipers on they are known to come loose in which case almost no brakes!!! another thing that helps believe it or not is a hump pack, it delivers a bit more power to the servos then the aa's do!!!

I just changed my single disk brakes out on my X because I couldn't get them to work right. I changed them to the dual disk stainless steal brakes and now it will lock up the tires when I hit the brakes.

ya i think the ss and the 4.6 already has the dual brake system!!

I just changed my single disk brakes out on my X because I couldn't get them to work right. I changed them to the dual disk stainless steal brakes and now it will lock up the tires when I hit the brakes.

thats kind of ironic. i got the HPI single brake kit on my X cus i kept shredding dual brakes. almost 3/4 of a gallon on these brakes and they haven't needed adjustment.

got brakes which is good

whats a hump pack?????

also broke steering servo!!!!! any one got a link to some that might last more than 5 mins??

Hump pack is a rechargeable battery pack. IMO you will see the biggest difference in the steering and braking. Here is a link to the hump pack I use. I am not advertising for anyone, just wanted to show a pic of the pack I have. As far as the servos go, I have not changed mine out yet so I am sure someone can point you in the right direction for that. Oh yeah welcome to the site and have fun bashing!
Here is the link
http://www.racers-edge.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=24888&cat=326&page=1

the hitec 645 mg servo is a good priced servo($35-40) and has the metal gears instead of the weak plastic ones that are on the stock servos!! what you do is put the hitec 645mg servo on your steering and move the servo (sf2) that was on your steering to your throttle-brake, will flip the truck right over if your not careful lol..... and another place to buy hump packs cheap is onlybatterypacks.com atleast thats were i bought mine!! i got a 1500mah hump pack with charger and lead so i can charge it without taking it out of the battery box for $38.00 shipped to canada!! hope this helps a bit!!!! and if i haven't said it already WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!!

P.S....... a hump pack takes the place of the aa battery holder in the truck and produces more power!! aa's are only 4.8 volts of power the hump pack is 6 volts

Last edited by a moderator:
P.S....... a hump pack takes the place of the aa battery holder in the truck and produces more power!! aa's are only 4.8 volts of power the hump pack is 6 volts

AA rechargables are 4.8V (1.2V each), but standard AAs are 6V (1.5V). It's all about capacity really, higher capacity = more run time, and also the battery can maintain a higher output for longer.

As for your servos, do what NITROADDICT suggested, move the SF-2 to the throttle/brakes, and then get a Hi Tec HSC-5998TG and forget about it !
I think you can get a set of metal gears for the SF-2, or have they already got them in ?............ I can't remember, it's been such a long time !

Last edited by a moderator:
if u look at your steering servo i think it is (haven't really been paying attention to the labels on my servos lol) thats the model and it should say hpi well duh thats the maker
hope this helps

my aa rechargeables are 1.5v and 2500mah i use them are great and only take 15min to charge on my quick charger it came with

my aa rechargeables are 1.5v and 2500mah i use them are great and only take 15min to charge on my quick charger it came with

1.5V ???? That's interesting, I've never seen any other than 1.2V. If that's the case can you post some pics and details, cus I want some.

you can pick up ahump pac at your lhs 35 bucks it will fit were your aa case went
just plug in the recevier.and your srvo is junk you can get any number of them depending on how much you wanna spend.

Latest posts

Members online

Back