brakes/transmission problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geronimo

ROLL TIDE
Hey, I've got a problem with my brakes and i really don't know which way to go.
the brake screws.. that attach the brakes, to the trans keep backing off .even after they have a liberal dose of loctite,so the problem, pretty much in a nutt shell is i have some strepped out screw holes,does anyone no of a way to correct this/with out buying a new trans.wish it were as simp[le as buying bigger screws ,but then you have a whole new set of problems with brake shoes fitting.

yea ,that is a good idea, but you can almost get a new 2 spd for a few dollars more.
may just go ahead and get a new 3 spd, and be done with it.

Don't used threadlock, it should only be used for metal on metal. Instead get some epoxy glue. That is what I did a long time ago when I had this problem and it worked like a charm.

Not sure if this would work on RC cars, but I use this stripped head fixer called Mr. Grip and it works great on stripped holes in wood. I wouldn't think you could cut down a piece to work into the hole though. I agree with the glue suggestion. Works great, but you have to make sure that you will be using the brakes you currently have and not upgrading. It also may be a pain in the butt to change brake disks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back