brakes on X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dewie

My savage X is a year old and right out of the box the twin brake set up sucked. My dad and a buddy both have XL's and if they brake to hard they can flip it over. Mine is nothing like that, I turn that adjustment screw to tighten up the brakes and it help but it still takes a while to stop when I'm up to speed. I can tighted the brakes up all the way untill it actually starts dragging the brakes when I drive which is no good.

Are there any tips you guys have to make it stop better?

Thanks guys

You can bend the break lever to change the leverage. Simple fix also make sure that the c spring is in good shape. They wear and make it impossible to get full breaking or WOT if you have 15$ I recomend changing the linkage over to standard linkage sliders.

On top of what Pope said, get the red fiber disk brakes from the XL - they are likely the ones that your buddies are using - they stop on a dime!

Bob

also.. have you cheked your break n throtle trim on the remote itself? to see if its pulling the break lever as fad back as it can? might need to turn the throtle /break trim on remote itself.. or actually take the servo horn off... center up the servo then put the horn back on to give you more breaking movement ....

my savage x only has the single disk brake and i have pretty good breaks even lol i swapped out the spring for a piece of fuel tubing that was just a bit longer then the spring this makes it easier for the servo to apply the brakes i was told this way back and it made a big difference for me and all the other ideas are right on the money as well so keep us informed man were here to help...............

i had the same problem the brake on the savage are bad, however i went out a got a new set of twin brakes with the still dics and so on but what i did was use the two dics and two of the pads but did not use the 3rd pad i mean all i had was still pad with the pad on it then the two dics then pad witch work like a dream i can stop and like you said front flip role if i hit the brake to hard

also have you clean it latey as if you get wd40 or something like that on the brake, even if you clean it with brake cleaner it is f**ked.

also what i found is get some fine wet and dry, wet it up with water and on a good flat top rub the disc let it dry and put it back in

also most resent i have been out a got some brake pad from a traxxas tmax but the latest model witch are like pads you get on a normal road car once i try them i will let you know

thanks Pope..

I bent the shaft a tiny bit and man did that help out a TON.. I can do a 4 wheel lock up now if I sqeeze the trigger hard enough.. Thanks bud.

I have also noticed that if you drop the brake shaft a bit beyond the standard 5 mm bottom out setting it allows the brake to become more sensitive to braking too

Latest posts

Members online

Back