Brakes don't work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkducky

hello guys, I am new to the savvy world and just got my XL about a week ago. I was able to get it to run but just had a hard time getting my brakes to work right. Now the linkage to the brakes feel loose. And when i pull the lever to test the brakes, it's not braking at all.

I'm wondering whether there's a tutorial to fix/rebuild my brakes in this forum. I already got all the OFNA parts to build the new linkage as posted by HIRISK - https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6977

I figured, might as well rebuild the brakes too. Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys!

there are three possible solutions.
1) have you tried turning the screw on the end of the linkage to apply more brake?
20 sometimes a little fuel tubing on the linkage helps
3) sometimes the shaft at the end of the linkage (silver one on my X) has been known to snap

there are three possible solutions.
1) have you tried turning the screw on the end of the linkage to apply more brake?
20 sometimes a little fuel tubing on the linkage helps
3) sometimes the shaft at the end of the linkage (silver one on my X) has been known to snap

Thanks for the help -

1) Yes I have - no joy
2) Not sure it would help
3) The shaft is this under the savvy, i don't see anything broken in linkage area

maybe the two screws that hold the brake assembly together are loose. but that ofna mod will increase your braking response for sure.

sorry I am new to this, where would I find these? near the brake pads. I did notice the pads are loose.

the top screw was a lil loose. I tighten them both and now the truck wont move! did I over tighten in? do they need to nice and tight?

ok I will try that. no not bend

just for a bit of info.
fuel tubing on the brake linkage eliminates the spring. its a stiffer material so the brakes catch harder faster. cut a piece of fuel tube just a tad longer than the spring is, and youll be all set.

Yes it's elz's truck. You know him? I bought from him in this forum.

Members online

Back