Brake upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windjammr

Are you happy with your brakes?if yes what are they?looking for some input before i just go buy a new set up.

the original fibre brake pad is much better than the hpi dual disk brakes in my opinion.

the dual disk setup fades pretty quickly and if you get the slightest bit of oil/fuel on them they are pants

it's what mine came with as std, when i got it 2nd hand, and i haven't had a prob with it as yet....will do endos, rolling stoppies and it stops, which is the main thing!
will prob upgrade to some crazy nut racing disks when funds allow....

I use twin Vertgo Quasi Fiber disks with the stock metal calipers. It is metal to carbon fiber. This is all sitting an a over sized fullforce brake hub. Haven't tried them out yet but I'm sure they will do the job.

i,ve got the standard ss twin disc and i keep shredding the pads an they fade on the same tank.Maybe i,m gettinf fuel on them and thats why they shred.Fx you use the claipers with no pad on them?

windjammr- Yeah the pads are pretty crappy and useless, even when I used the HPI DD Brakes I always used it without the pads. Straight metal on metal works pretty good.

Latest posts

Members online

Back