Brake rubbing on clutchbell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winndaddy

I have 2 4.6 and i put the 47 steel spur and 17 racing clutch bell on both. My sons brakes didnt last long at all before they shedded and mine look like they're are about to.They arent rubbing on the clutch bell until you start running. The clutch bells diameter is the same as the old one. Whats up, and how do i fix this?

Strange one that, looking on my truck the only way I could see it happening is if you were running a really small spur and clutch bell, which you are not.

My trucks on 18/47 and my bell is nowhere near my rake discs, could you get a pic up by any chance?

I have 2 4.6 and i put the 47 steel spur and 17 racing clutch bell on both. My sons brakes didnt last long at all before they shedded and mine look like they're are about to.They arent rubbing on the clutch bell until you start running. The clutch bells diameter is the same as the old one. Whats up, and how do i fix this?
Motor plate is bent

Checked the motor mounts and plates on both trucks and they are fine. I believe i must of had the gear mesh to tight. I'm gona buy a bigger spur and clutch bell to move it away from the center. Something like a 49/18 combo.

need to see a pic here.

ive run 47/17 more than any other combo without issue.

let's see a pic & figure this out before you spend more money.

Checked the motor mounts and plates on both trucks and they are fine. I believe i must of had the gear mesh to tight. I'm gona buy a bigger spur and clutch bell to move it away from the center. Something like a 49/18 combo.

Are you sure there's not a hair line crack in the plate? They can be hard to see at first, tried bending the plate by hand while its out to see if any cracks open up?

But if that were the case it would be throwing the mesh way out and should be killing CB's and spurs too, not just the brake discs.

2418jlf.jpg

Its weird, I can't figure it out. You should be able to run 17/47 no problem, I have run it, it comes stock on all the X's, something's not right somewhere, I wouldn't buy anything till I knew what the problem was, going to a bigger CB/spur may solve the battle but it won't win the war.

Its weird, I can't figure it out. You should be able to run 17/47 no problem, I have run it, it comes stock on all the X's, something's not right somewhere, I wouldn't buy anything till I knew what the problem was, going to a bigger CB/spur may solve the battle but it won't win the war.

just a note, that isnt the stock gearing on all x's lol the savage x rtr came stock with 15/49 but thats the x with the 4.1 engine

just a note, that isnt the stock gearing on all x's lol the savage x rtr came stock with 15/49 but thats the x with the 4.1 engine

Thank you for correcting me :beforeme:

All the X's with the exception of the Savage X with the F4.1 engines have 17/47 gearing stock, more to your liking sir?

all screws tight ?? what about motor plate braces ?

Went over the whole truck the other day and put locktite on all the screws that were metal to metal. I did find somthing today, on both trucks a screw that holds the motor plate was snaped off. Maybe when i went over threw truck i over tighten the screws.

i had this same problem although I'm running an lrp .28, don't know if it makes a difference or not. but i had to get a 49t spur gear with my 17t CB and no more rubbing.

My motor plates are bent. I looked at them real closely and you could see that in the front they are swuped down a tad. I guess thats what i get for using my engine for a role cage instead of the supplied role cage.

Anyway, besides the recent problem the trucks are running nice and cool on the new Byrons 30% and the #8 McCoy(i was'nt expecting the cool temps). Lowering the trucks helped enormously with handling.

good to hear you got it worked out bud. usually your in good hands on this forum, not to many stumpers left out there, between the crowd we've been there done that. lol. did you do the fuel tube lowering method?

I've have before, but this time i got some shorter shafts. Same thing but a little more pricey. I run the big bores. The truck seems to hold a line much tighter since alot of the travels gone, before it liked to sway alot. I was gona get the sway bar kit but its good to go now. Dose'nt take big jumps as well but i guess it a give and take.

just reading this thread guys, my brother has same problem,will get him to check his motor plate.the brake discs are just rubbing on the clutch bell, not the teeeth just the round section

I was running my savage with out the little roll cage provided and when i kept flipping it over from the wheelies , the motor was acting as the roll cage and in turn causing the motor plate to bend ever slightly. You could not even hardly tell it was bent. Since i don't use the cage i bought the 10mm motor mount and it has not rubbed one bit since. By the way, it was doing it on my sons truck as well, and you could not tell his was bent either.

Latest posts

Members online

Back