Brake questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorman

I have a Savage X 4.6 and sometime during a bash session I shredded a brake rotor and need to replace it. I thought I read somewhere that you can convert the Savage to run the Traxxas brake set up, is this true and will it work any better? I was also looking for an exploded view of how the brakes go together so if anyone has a link for this please let me know. Thanks.

The brake pad of the T-Maxx would be a great pad but it will not fit the Savage truck as the bolt pattern acrost the pad is much narrower. I have looked into it and decided it wasn't worth the time to look much further.

I looked in the manual and the exploded view doesn't really help. What I was wondering is what does the rod, that goes into the side of the TVP, connect to? I can pull mine right out, but before I take the brakes apart I want to know where the rod connects. I can't copy and paste a picture of the rod I'm refering to, but if you look in the manual or Crash's link it's on page 37 and part number 86092. It looks like the rod is keyed but I can't figure out what it goes to, and whether I'm missing any pieces. Thanks for the help so far.

that rod gets pushed in and the plunger holds it there. part # 86092

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have to pull the whole tranny to repair that? As it doesn't seem to easy to get at. And why did it come out, is it because the inner rotor is gone? If you can pull the rod out does that mean I'm missing the plunger too?

visually inspect it. you should be able to see the plunger behind the brake pad.

As far as the rod, Just slide it back in makeing sure to get all the way so when you actuate the brake lever the brakes are applied.

The rod needs to be pushed back in and a new rotor needs to be put on.

then yes the trans needs to come out or you can loosen the tvp and remove the rear section of truck to get at the back of trans.

sorry

Latest posts

Members online

Back