Brake percentage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinmuff

well, i have a remote that will let me set how much percentage of the brakes i actually use. it was set around 75% for the longest time, I'm wondering if i should put it to 100% or not.

also, if i use the brakes alot, will i have to eventually replace them? or what

The brakes on both of mine work very well. they are like the brakes on your car when they start wearing bad then you replace them. If you have you brakes setup right on your savy they will work fine. I have a linkage mod on mine but before that i used a piece of fuel line to help out

it is usually caused by the steel spring on the throttle horn, the majority of servo power goes into this spring instead of into the brakes.

here is my simple mod. from this thread.

"remove the spring from the throttle/brake servo horn. and glue a piece of plastic in place to allow brake to operate one way and push the throttle open the other. and relocate the carb return spring.

this is the best throttle mod there is.
and i would go with the single fibre disk, as firm as dual without the fade."

100_5972.jpg

100_5973.jpg

100_5975.jpg

With the pics you have provided, I can't see how the brakes can be engaged. I see a spring which is keeping the brakes disengaged....but nothing beyond that

it is usually caused by the steel spring on the throttle horn, the majority of servo power goes into this spring instead of into the brakes.[/IMG]

That spring steel is for the throttle function, it has no bearing on the brake. The break portion of the stock setup is directly meshed to the servo.

ok why go to all that trouble? All that you have to do is take the stock spring out and put in a piece of fuel line it is that easy. Why make it any harder then it is?

I think I know what my brake problem is.......my servo is crap. I've previously did what X25 suggested and the brakes seem pretty much non existent. So I started playing around with it. If I use my hand to engage the brake, the definitely grab the way they should. If there is NO brake tension and I hit the brake on the throttle the servo will engage twice as far as it will when there is tension to the brake.

sorry the brake linkage is not installed in the previous photos.
yes JT that is the spring that needs removed, it is the throttle controll spring but when the carb is closed before the brakes are applied this spring begins to load the servo so the full force is not applied to the brakes but the carb and this spring also.

this spring.
untitled1.jpg

stretches when the horns seperate to apply the brake.
100_7686.jpg

The reason that you think that this set up works so well is that you bent you brake rod so much that it engages the brakes harder. AKA the same concept as the fuel line.But atleast the fuel line trick dose not tear up parts. All that the springs do that you have on their besides make it look messy is snap them back faster when you let off. So all in all i would have to say that the ideal is lick the windows retarded. But that is just my two cents take it for what you will......

OK guys, opinions are like armpits...everybody has 2 of them. x25 chill out bud. End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back