Brake options for Monster Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan86

Savage Basher
I'm planning on building a monster xxxxxxl in the near future, tpvs extended by about 10" than xl ones. Probably powered by Mamba Monster xl on 12s. This sounds good and should be quick..... but how to stop this beast since it will probably weigh a bit?? I have found a few options on the net, hydrlolic and cable. Just got a few questions if anyone can help out or offer an opinion.
Is one option better than the other?
Will rear brakes only be enough? or should it be 4 wheel brakes?
The kits i have been looking at are for a baja as i think they should work with a few other upgrades.

Heres a few options i have found.
Integy cable kit
integy_brakes.jpg

macatech kit
Brakes_1.jpg

Hydrolic ones are more expensive and beefier but are they that much better than cable ones? Thanks

I think rear brakes only would be OK Look at the 5t and 5b they work fine BUT I did add the Integy cable kit to my 5t its not 4x4 so it had no frount brakes st all if your going to be 4x4 theIntegy cable kit on the rear should do the job if your going to be 2wheel drive you may want to put brakes on the front also but the Integy cable kit will do the job just fine

It's going to be 4wd. I will probably use the integy kit front brake kit on the rear, but the baja has brakes on gearbox? having rear brakes at the wheels gives the same braking performance??

i think it would do the job just fine you can adjust the braks to the tension you want and should get same or better performance

Sweet, thanks for the help mate :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back