Brake issue with XL, brake rod pulls out of tranny

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikegedge

Need some help. Is the the brake rod that goes into the transmission supposed to pull out? I let the little brother take the truck for a spin and he came back with no brakes. I thought I just need to adjust them and when I was doing that the entire rod and lever for the brakes came off in my hand. Now I can put the rod back into the transmission but I don't see anything to tighten to attach it. Is there something? Is this normal?

Any help is appreciated.

no it's not. there is a little brass bushing that fits on that rod on the tranny that pushes the pad. you need that little bushing. your screws that hold the pad cam loose and probably hyper extended that rod. get the wholoe rod kit off ebay for about $5, look in your owners manual and u will see it. if not, download it off hpiracing.com

Thanks for all the help. I ordered the brake rod and will pull the tranny to check the threads on the brake caliper. I hope it's not stripped.

I have the same problem, am a newbie.... wondering where I can find instructions on brake cam replacement (photos or steps to accomplish this), does the transmission need to be removed for replacement?

Thx

no you shouldn't have to take the tranny out. you will net to take off the rear and engine mount....8 minute job. check www.hpiracing.com and you can look at the whole assebly in PDF

Need some help. Is the the brake rod that goes into the transmission supposed to pull out? I let the little brother take the truck for a spin and he came back with no brakes. I thought I just need to adjust them and when I was doing that the entire rod and lever for the brakes came off in my hand. Now I can put the rod back into the transmission but I don't see anything to tighten to attach it. Is there something? Is this normal?

Any help is appreciated.

i had that happen pull the brass bushing out in the trans they were down or crack witch alowws the brake rod to come out

So what do u do if the holes are stripped? I'm having a problem with mine coming loose always. I just took out the screw, put jb weld on the threads and screwed em back in .

if your talking about were the screw holds the brake arm in to the brake cam yes jb will hold for a bit but its best to get a new one plus if u need to remove the brake cam now you cant because of the jb weld

Members online

No members online now.
Back