Bought a Axial .28 spec 1s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek_2694

Well i had a little bit of money laying around so i decided I would buy a new mill. I decided to get this mill because it was pretty cheap, and because my lhs didnt have any lrp motors in stock. I kinda went against what i said in one of my previous posts lol. Anyways... heres some pics because I know yall love them.

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

The mill looked really nice when i removed it from the box and it came with 2 carb dials. I'm planning on heat cycling this mill for best results. should i use the carb dials when doing this?

thanks,
Derek

Ive been running that mill for a year almost. you will be surprised on the power that thing will put out. No issues with mine except the pull start went out after about 6 months.

Well i had a little bit of money laying around so i decided I would buy a new mill. I decided to get this mill because it was pretty cheap, and because my lhs didnt have any lrp motors in stock. I kinda went against what i said in one of my previous posts lol. Anyways... heres some pics because I know yall love them.

The mill looked really nice when i removed it from the box and it came with 2 carb dials. I'm planning on heat cycling this mill for best results. should i use the carb dials when doing this?

thanks,
Derek

Derek, how much does that mill go for?

very much so IMO i don't like any of the hpi mills. not even the 5.9.
but since i was replacing a old HPI .21 the axial .28 was a huge difference, i had to mod/adjust the truck to keep the frount wheels on the ground so i could turn the darn thing.lol
here is a vid when it was new before i calmed her down..
last time i was in the LHS the price jumped to $129.00. But i think you can still get them on ebay for arround $120.00 i know i will be getting another.

I'm runnin 4 axil moters two 28s .28rr and a 32 I recomend to take it apart look for burs ive learned my lesso once is all it takes bleave me good buy for the buck good luck with it

Just figured I should make mention of this before you buy it.

The axial 28 is the same exact motor as the k4.6 that hpi puts on the savage they are just labled diffrent.

Don't know what you have already USMC but if you have a 4.6 already this is going to be exactly the same. Don't want to see you spending the money and be disappointed when you get it.

Just figured I should make mention of this before you buy it.

The axial 28 is the same exact motor as the k4.6 that hpi puts on the savage they are just labled diffrent.

Don't know what you have already USMC but if you have a 4.6 already this is going to be exactly the same. Don't want to see you spending the money and be disappointed when you get it.

Pope, i have the stock motor but i've seen them on ebay for alot more $$$ then the axial, i'm going on three gallons of fuel so i'm sure it's a matter of time before it goes... i'll have it in the tool box so when it goes i can just replace it. Thanks for looking out. I'm getting a Truggy from Nick (Wrenchman) that i'm going to throw on the track, just waiting for new Credit Card to arrive between thur/fri so i can make payment.

very nice man just like to mention that to people some people will buy it to "upgrade" not knowing it is the same as what they already have.

very nice man just like to mention that to people some people will buy it to "upgrade" not knowing it is the same as what they already have.

I appreciate you looking out.. the stock one still runs strong, but i run it rich, not out there to break speed records, just bash with my son so a spare will be nice. Robin had jumped on the truggy first but was VERY NICE and asked if i wanted it that he's contact Nick and the rest if history, Two really nice Guys made it happen for me. Very much appreciated!!!!! That's why this is by far the best forum outthere..

Yeah, that will be fun. It's just how the Xray buggy looked at me when I was in the shop, truggin at my heart strings...... Oh well, it's going to a better place now, I was only going to use it for airtime video.

:10:

sorry for such a late reply guys. I talked to savageman23601 and he said that he would help me break it in this weekend if i already haven't started this myself.

Latest posts

Members online

Back