Body Mount Posts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorman

My project pales in comparision to the fantastic jobs/projects contained in this forum but I'll still share it anyway. I'm in the process of getting some custom made alum. body posts built. Seems like everytime my truck ends up with the rubber pointed the wrong way the stock plastic body mounts get worn down. So the intent of the project was to keep the body mount posts from being worn down so quickly. The mod replaces just the post (part where the body goes through and body clip is attached) itself and leave the rest of the body mount alone. They are completely replaceable and easy to change. When everything is done I will post some pictures of the completed project. On a side note I wanted to commend everyone on their ingenuity and fabrication skills on all these mods, truly amazing work!!

This sounds interesting tractorman. If you need help with anything I am an engineer and have all access to manual/cnc machines I need.

This sounds like a really good idea. At first I thought you were going to make all alu body post and was thinking you are about to learn the hard way. I was wrong though and this sounds like a really good idea. Can't wait to see it.

i like the way you think! "strengthining without adding to much weight" sounds like a great idea, hope to see the finished product!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back