Blur ESC Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

necromaster

Hey guys.. I try searching for this question here but i don't yet get the answer. I just got my flux but not yet the LiPo (which will ariive in 3 days). So while waiting i read in details the manul. So it says that when using LiPo batteries, we should switch on the Auto-LiPo. Is it safe and enough just to turn on the Auto-LiPo? I mean, should we get the USB cable and set the cut-off manually etc? Thanks for your guys input.

Correct what the FLUX said. The Auto-LiPo setting is already set on from factory. However in my opinion it is by far the best to set your cut off at 3.0V per cell if you are sticking to the same packs. So if your going to always run 2s packs then set the cut off at 12V. So basically if your running the same number of cell packs I would switch it from Auto-LiPo to a certain voltage.

PS>I have seen the Auto-LiPo setting draw a LiPo just a little to far where the LiPo charger cannot pick it up. I did revive the pack but is not recommended, but still works like new.

Adding to what Jason said. Castle has a firmware update(V1.21) for the mamba monster/blur that allows you to adjust the auto-LiPo setting, so if like me you want a little extra insurance and use 3.2v per cell cutoff, you don't have to change the cutoff setting if change the number of cells you are using. But like J said if your going to use the same no. of cells all the time, use the custom cutoff setting. The custom setting is for total cells ie 4s 12v 6s 18v or what ever you want. I use 6s so mines at 19.2v.

Last edited by a moderator:
are there any other settings that are useful in setting the esc as far as throttle response or brake settings, as far as bashing goes, any examples also? Also i heard that using a LiPo rated at less than 25c is not recommended? Any helpful info would be appreciated.

are there any other settings that are useful in setting the esc as far as throttle response or brake settings, as far as bashing goes, any examples also? Also i heard that using a LiPo rated at less than 25c is not recommended? Any helpful info would be appreciated.

i love the original setting of the throttle n brake of the ESC.. never change them though..

they recommend battery dat can provide at least 100A.. but higher is better..

so the lowest you can get with 25C is 4000mAh.. but you put ur ESC at risk like this.. so i suggest you to use 5000mah 40C..

Hi Folks, just a small question on Castle Creations Castle Link USB Interface Adapter. I bought it recently and i just wanna make sure i am doing the right thing. The stuffs listed below were included:
* Standard USB Cable
* One small thing that looks like a chip for programming.
* Program Disc

For the first time i inserted the disc that came with the USB adapter. I installed the program and all set and ready to go.
I connected the bigger end of the standard usb to my laptop. Now the problem starts,
* Do i connect the small end of my standard usb to the small chip?
* After that do i connect the small chip to the receiver or ESC?
I don't see any port in the ESC. And if its the received, which slot should i use. I am using Spektrum SR3300T.

Any additional tips are appreciated.

img00026201001172259.jpg

You plug the receiver cable from your Blur on the left (watch the colours, black - negative, red - positive, orange - signal) Plug the small USB male plug in the right side.

img00026201001172259.jpg

You plug the receiver cable from your Blur on the left (watch the colours, black - negative, red - positive, orange - signal) Plug the small USB male plug in the right side.

So i need to put that 3 pin to the receiver? Do i put in the throttle or steering?

Or add some punch control, if it's at 0% it's really hard on the drive parts. (I still run 0% though lol)

Latest posts

Members online

Back