Blue Groove sway bars + midtank = ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonmud

I was debating on trying a set of these on my race Savage. But I'm not sure if the way the steering servo mounts to the FLM TVPs will get in the way or not. It appears to be about the same area the sway bar is going through.
Does anyone have the BG sway bars installed with the FLM TVPs or have you tried and had fitment issues? Please post up your experiences so I know if I should invest in some or if its a waste of my time and money.
Thanks in advance fellas.

Thank you MaxBasher!
I saw that thread and he has his steering servo on the tank plate not on the TVPs like I do. I guess I could move it but all the rewiring involved...... Grrr
But on the plus side the PRCP tank plate I have has the servo mounting holes already in it.
I'm hoping someone has gotten it to work with the servo mounted to the TVPs like FLM intended. But from the look of some of the pics I have seen I don't think its possible.

I saw that thread too (I did quite a bit of searching) but I'm using RPM arms and don't want to have to buy (or use) HPI ones.
Thanks a lot for the link Armageddonmonkey. If there is an answer I'm sure its here somewhere, I just have to find it.:duh:

Hey bud if you can wait until tomorrow afternoon I can check for you.

I have the FLM ext chassis with the cen/mugen midtank with my servo mounted on the TVP's and have the blue groove sway bars but haven't mounted them to my FLM setup yet.

Will attempt it tomorrow and let you know.

Thats the kind of info I was looking for. Thank you HPI Savage 25. Well I guess if there wasn't an answer to this question on the forum there will be soon.:jamout::resp:

I've been using these sway bars for a while and love them. They are somewhat adjustable if that helps.

My FLM extended TVP's are on their way, so I can let you know for sure when I install them.

if you use the flm tvp mount for your servo it will be in the way. Rear is fine. Judge mounted his servo horizontal under the /plate. so the sides of the TVP were not blocked. As far as performance they do help the truck flat track but its not a true sway that's why I went and made my set up. BG's "bar" does not much more than hold the straps the straps do the work and act more as a limiter than a sway. Jeremy don't pay 30 for them! they go for 15 every now and again and that is all they are worth.

My bars also don't work with rear tie rods...

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally forgot about this but I couldn't get mine to work either, my servo sits way too low to allow the bars to go through..... :dmt:

if you use the flm tvp mount for your servo it will be in the way. Rear is fine. Judge mounted his servo horizontal under the /plate. so the sides of the TVP were not blocked. As far as performance they do help the truck flat track but its not a true sway that's why I went and made my set up. BG's "bar" does not much more than hold the straps the straps do the work and act more as a limiter than a sway. Jeremy don't pay 30 for them! they go for 15 every now and again and that is all they are worth.

My bars also don't work with rear tie rods...

Thats some good info there. I was debating on the bg vs your setup bank I have mid tank and my servo is mounted on tvps also, I have the lst2's mounted up and my rear ties are in the front of my bulkhead now will I have an issue with your setup bank?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back