Blitz how to Remove and replace O-Rings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljrce

Here is going to be a blitz how to on removing the rear diff outta the hpi blitz and tearing it appart and fixing the o-rings in it for leaking diff issue
OK here we go
First Step is to clean the truck first for your not working in dirt

2nd Step Remove the 2 screws on the front of the rear shock tower you will need a
2.5mm allan wrench to remove them you will see them circled in red
S2401426.jpg

3rd Step
You need to remove 4 more screws using your 2.5mm allan wrench you will see them circled in red
S2401430.jpg

4th Step is flipping the truck over and removing 2 screws using a 2mm allan wrench you will see them in this picture circled in red except yours wont have the washers under the screws
S2401431.jpg

5th Step is flip the truck back over now and lift the top mount over and to the left of the truck it is on hinges you can see it in this pic how it is on a hinge
S2401449.jpg

6th Step Now remove the 2 screws using your 2.5mm allan wrench Shown circled in red in this picture
S2401436.jpg

7th Step Once u got the diff removed remove the 5 screws using your 2.5mm allan wrench show circled in the red
S2401396.jpg

8th Step once you get those screws remove pull the cover off the trans and then inside you should see the diff and 2 other gears like in this picture
S2401398.jpg

9th Step once u remove the diff outta the trans housing u will see 4 screws use your 2mm allan wrench and remove those screw showed circled in red
S2401399.jpg

10th Step Once u get the screws removed on each side in the diff one side you will see the gears remove them then under it u will see a small silver e-clip like show circled in the picture
S2401403.jpg

11th Step once u get the eclip removed pull the gear out under it and slide your axle drive cup out then u will see the oring that needs replaced shown circled in red in these pictures
S2401406.jpg

S2401417.jpg

12th Step reinstall parts the opposite way that you took it appart

Last edited by a moderator:
the x rings (hpi 86898) don't look so good ....word is 5mm X 9mm X 2mm is the fix .the McMASTER-CARR part no.5233T48 is what works good , sold in a pack of 70 I have 68 more to share LOL

lol i called hpi and they sent me replacment orings haven't had a problem yet one i find the part number ill post it

well il take that back before i post numbers i just pulled the diff and it was wet and leaking so i will be calling hpi again tommoorw to see what they recomond

right now so far ive read people are running 5mm ID by 9mm orings when i get home ill post what ones i got in mine from hpi

I started with 7K then went to 5K but then learned to program punch control on ESC and driving skills got a little better may go back , but I don't race just play you should ask a racer...O ring on the way bud

i have 7000wt in mine is nice on the track but may be going down to 4,000wt for racing or may kick it up to 10,000wt

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back