bling diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samisavage

Has anyone used the Bling racing hardened diff set? Is it better than the HPI part? also the GPM housing Bling diff combo? Anybody useing or used these parts? what did you think? good parts or waste of money?

gzus11 on this forum uses them

from what i remember they sounded a bit clunky when he first got them installed but once they bedded in they have been fine. he just checks them by ear alot to make sure there okay.

he'll be able to say alot more than me

Thanks Poly - That set even comes w/ diff shims.. Not a bad price for what there is About $50 bucks w/ shipping

yep thats the ones i got. it is a good price for what you are getting. its not perfect quality but the machining is good, everything fits well and with the shims in correctly the gears last much longer.

one thing i would change straight away if you can are the diff cups, they are weak arounfd the spider pinscan be modded quite easily though.
i have a diagram i will upload later.

there it is.
the red section is where these cups are likely to fail but if you can fill the green section there should be no problem, that is what i did and had no trouble since.

diffcase.jpg

Thanks guys. I bought some off ebay and was just wondering if anybody else had had any experience with them. thanks for the feedback.Gzus what did you fill the green sections with? thanks

i filed a flat edge on some small steel nails and pushed them in after the spider pins to wedge them is securely.
you could probably use some jb weld, metal putty, or metal epoxy for the same job.

Latest posts

Members online

Back