Black XL TVPs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Core

just got 'em back from the anodizer this afternoon..
1z57twh.jpg

2exucrn.jpg

2iv1xu8.jpg

i still have some clean up work left to do, finish off the esc mounting, waterproof the esc and a few odds and ends.

looks good core, how much to ano?

how you gonna waterproof your esc?

WAY more than i wanted it to be, but i got tired of waiting to piggyback someone else's lot, so it cost 100 bucks.

i'll be using corrosion x to waterproof the esc, receiver, and circuit board of my servo. hopefully it gets here thursday so i can finish this puppy off by the weekend if i can get my truth lid finished by then.

i forgot to weigh the tvps before installing them but just from handling they seemed lighter than the TCS 5mm tvps.

and pope, yeah they're the tcs tvps. the part i liked best about the tcs ones was the extra braces for the esc mount behind the motor, getting the esc into a more protected position and adding that additional bracing can never be a bad thing. i have a little more tweaking to do on the esc mount. i'm using the trx bl revo mount rather than just tape and a ziptie (altho i'll use those too) i just have to finish getting a bottom brace plate to fit right and trimming the tcs lexan esc plate.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love'm black, but your right $100 is a bit more then i'd want to pay but likely would for that look! lol

typically for anodizing work you'll find the lot cost to be 125-300 bucks depending on the place. 1offrc says 65 of their website, but i'm not sure how they'd feel about doing someone else's tvps since they're making their own xls for the flux now. if you can try to piggyback someone else's anodizing lot they'll usually cut you a break. i had mine set for a piggyback, the other guy didn't drop off his deposit, and it looked like it was gunna end up being an additional 2 weeks from the sound of it, so i just said do'em. he did give me a little break since his general lot charge is $150

at least i ordered the tvps before the raised the price an extra $15

Unreal pricing on Ano, I send between 100 and 200 pounds a week to my ano place for work, they charge us $1 per pound, I need to start adding RC parts to my shipments for sure!

Unreal pricing on Ano, I send between 100 and 200 pounds a week to my ano place for work, they charge us $1 per pound, I need to start adding RC parts to my shipments for sure!

as i said, the cost is in the lot charge if i was able to have mine done with someone else's lot the price would have been very cheap, but since i chose not to wait and became my own lot i picked up that cost. 1 pound to 100 pounds would have been priced the same.

Looking good Core. I would have paid the extra 50 and got all the alloy parts done, oh hang on I did lol.

Pope, they might only do certain colours I hope your in luck.

Looking good Core. I would have paid the extra 50 and got all the alloy parts done, oh hang on I did lol.

Pope, they might only do certain colours I hope your in luck.

i saw those over at central they look awesome. 1offrc did those for ya ?

i saw those over at central they look awesome. 1offrc did those for ya ?

No she didn't, I'm not even using her TVP's I've got TCS's. She just put her ad in my thread so, I've asked her where my free tvp's are for the free ad in me thread. :lmao:

I'm down under, I had them done locally. $140 the lot including some hard anodised parts.

Have you used the that waterproofing stuff before? I mean do you know it works?

No she didn't, I'm not even using her TVP's I've got TCS's. She just put her ad in my thread so, I've asked her where my free tvp's are for the free ad in me thread. :lmao:

I'm down under, I had them done locally. $140 the lot including some hard anodised parts.

Have you used the that waterproofing stuff before? I mean do you know it works?

lol that's a riot.

and no i don't know it actually works which is why i'm not really plugging it just gettin' it done and i'm WAY too chicken to actually test it underwater so for the sake of my own ignorance i'll just think that it worked.

esc mount
axh4cn.jpg

10oe812.jpg

double big bore XL flux
2h3oris.jpg

2qn8jur.jpg

zo82ms.jpg

i have some pretty heavy shock tuning to do but they fit just fine. and i still need to finish my jconcepts truth lid.

so i took it on it's maiden voyage today, the shocks are WAY too hard, i'm gunna have to lighten them up a ton, but other than that i LOVE the way the XL TVPs handle and decided the truth body just ain't gunna cut it for this truck. i'm reinstalling the wing (which was mostly just off for body fit testing anyway) and going with a punisher body. altho it barely fits, the cutaway rear end makes it look fine.

2hcjlva.jpg

2elvxpz.jpg

god i wish i could paint worth a crap.

yeah, i used the tcs plate. it was a little too narrow to mount the trx mount directly to it so i notched the sides of the tcs plate and added the aluminum bottom brace to secure the trx mount. it worked out pretty well. i think i used 3x50mm screws to mount it since the ones that came with it were too short. the screws are threaded into the aluminum but just as a safety i added the nuts to the bottom of the plate. i really like the mounting location, it just seems like such a natural place to mount the esc.

i wrote tcs about making an upgraded aluminum plate that would help stiffen up the rear end as well as being pretapped for the trx mount.

my wife's been visiting her parents in AZ for the week so it gave me a chance to do a little playin'...

new lid
2mlm4h.jpg

fw3n9c.jpg

30tqkqt.jpg

1zvsxau.jpg

30k9hkp.jpg

just need to finish trimming and stickering it up. i WAS going to try recreating the stock flux lid exactly, but i got WAY too impatient and i think it was going to go a bit beyond my painting skill so i modified it a bit.

i also de-xl'd it.. for the time being. i really don't like the legginess for the xl'd version and i wasn't happy with the fit of any of the bodies i tried

since i de-xl'd i figured i'd try to stabilize it a bit better using the suspension conversion and a swaybar kit.

5ygh1z.jpg

i have a set of zero offset face plates coming for my maximizers so we'll see how it handles.

Hey Man that body looks awesome! I have wanted to get that body for my flux but I wasn't sure how it would fit, I am planning on ordering FLM ext tvps and want to add that body but I guess I need to make sure they are the same size considering you mentioned a tight fit. Did it just go on the mounts because I noticed the site saying this is needed http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=335 Also what wing and mount did you go with, again sweet truck!

Latest posts

Members online

Back