Black wheels that wont chip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageBasherxl

looking for some black wheels for my xl.

stock ones have the chrome that flakes off and looks dumb.

I want black, but are the black wheels just painted or dyed? or are is that the color of material?

basically want something that even if it has a 1/4 inch deep scratch in it, its all the same color.

any recommendations?

Is there a certain style you are lookin for, bead locks or you gonna glue them?

Here's a link to the ones I'll be runnin. I haven't had a chance to run with them yet so I can't comment on the durability of them. But, for the price, can't hurt but to try them out.

http://www.bluegrooveconcepts.com/cart/index.php?target=products&product_id=29901

They used to be $18.99 for a set of 4. They dropped their prices down a good bit since the last time I checked. And that price of $10 is for all 4, not just 2.

Went ahead bought the wheels 15.05 shipped .

the blue groove wheels are great as long as you use the proper hex adapter. or glue the stock savage hexes into them. i have owned a set for about 2 years and other then 2 spun hexes never broke one. sold them just recently to madmike on the used savage he got from me.

pic of them recently
sav001.jpg

pic of them 2 years ago new
upgrades011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the blue groove wheels are great as long as you use the proper hex adapter. or glue the stock savage hexes into them. i have owned a set for about 2 years and other then 2 spun hexes never broke one. sold them just recently to madmike on the used savage he got from me.pic of them recently

Mickey what receiver boxes are you using?

the blue groove wheels are great as long as you use the proper hex adapter. or glue the stock savage hexes into them. i have owned a set for about 2 years and other then 2 spun hexes never broke one. sold them just recently to madmike on the used savage he got from me.

pic of them recently
sav001.jpg

pic of them 2 years ago new
upgrades011.jpg

Whats good hex to use with them ? what tires you have on them ?

thats ok i actually wanted smaller tires. i don't have good internet right
now (smart phone) so i have to ask does the caliber vtr come in that size?

Latest posts

Members online

Back