Black Hawk Down!

To be or not to be a noob?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Got a used Blade MSR the other week and apon the first flight crashed it sideways into the wall at work. Thought this was the fault of a little to much wind at the time. Any way the crash ended in a broken rotor blade.

So I picked it up today and noticed that one of the little balls on the fly bar was broken. (I am now thinking this is what caused the sideways flight into the wall.)

Botom line is that I now need a new flybar and a new blade. Now for the part where I need your help. Me being a heli noob; I feel the desire to give into those noobish desires and buy the glow in the dark replacement parts. What should I do give into that inner noob and buy them or just get the normal black parts?

I don't own an RC heli, well not a proper one anyway but id have to be the noob too i think, i nearly bought a glow in the dark savvy shell a few weeks back :lmao:

Yea Freddy I am talking about a heli.
London not sure I see a lot of use for a glow in the dark savage body but sounds cool non the less. I know a guy with a very nice cf flux shelf queen that would look cool with one. You have a link.

When are you really going to fly in the dark? That heli probably isn't very good outside unless there is absolutely no wind. Even my 450 is affected by slight breezes, let alone real wind.

Its a micro so you fly it inside. It is really cool. I guess you just dim the lights. No idea really.

Never had a doubt that you would catch that. Figured it would entertain you.

London not sure I see a lot of use for a glow in the dark savage body but sounds cool non the less. I know a guy with a very nice cf flux shelf queen that would look cool with one. You have a link.

It was an eBay seller spraying them himself, the only thing that stopped me buying it was it was stock length and i wasnt sure if it would go over my extended chassis, i asked him if he could do an XL body in the same paint, he said it was expensive paint and it was kindof a one off to see how it sells but said when he next gets some clear XL shells he'l do one for me, it was up for sale for quite a long time though and i don't know if it sold or not, il have a look through his feedback and see if i can find it.

Over here it starts to get dark around 3.30pm now, my son finishes school at 3.15, so when I'm not working we often grab the savvy and go down the park for an hour or two after school, thought it would be pretty cool to see a glow in the dark savage flying up n down a dark park.

alex your crash into the wall might just have been user error on the sticks :D they are very hard to fly and take a lot patience, practice, and money!! you will crash it 100 times guaranteed. I had an axe cpv3 thought I was gonna be a stunt pilot until I realized how long it took me to just hover it in one direction comfortably.

Its a micro so you fly it inside. It is really cool. I guess you just dim the lights. No idea really.

Never had a doubt that you would catch that. Figured it would entertain you.

alright you got my interest, post some pics, let see it.

This is a beginer heli. One steep up from the mcx. Not to hard to fly but it does a lot more stuff than the mcx will do. It wasn't me all I did was push the up stick an boom.

I will soon. Can't bring it home yet wife only knows about the air hogs one atm. I got it to cover up when I slipped and told her I had a heli

I will soon. Can't bring it home yet wife only knows about the air hogs one atm. I got it to cover up when I slipped and told her I had a heli

LOL, careful now, don't get yourself into trouble. Your starting to sound like me, at least I know I'm not the only one with a problem LOL. I heard the MSR will hover "hands off" if set up properly. It's supposed to be fast but just as easy to fly as a coax, or so I've heard. I'm hopin' the wife will get me one for xmas. Just picked up RealFlight G5 though so she's not thrilled about another heli. Good luck with the MSR!

I also want one of these though:

http://www.helimax-rc.com/helis/novus/hmxe0804-novus-cp/index.html

To be honest I don't know about the hover thing I tried it but it was a little unstable probly because of the broken fly bar and the blades not being out together right.

2-1 Looks like it is glow in the dark for me.

ya i think it would be cool to see it flying around with the glow in the dark parts on it.....

If she doesn't like me yet, we'll get there soon enough :)

I was married for 8 years - I am used to taking the blame for stuff I didn't do, so now I offer that as a service to you :)

Bob

Yea I take the blame for a lot too but lets be honest here we may take the blame for a lot that we don't do but there is a crap load of stuff we get away with.

You cant drive your savage..lol What makes you think you can fly!!!lmao

Oh hell yeah - if Amy had any idea how much I have spent over the last 2 months on RC stuff she would have a stroke and I would wake up with a fork in my chest :)

Now, we just need to figure out how to get this into my garage without her noticing :)

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/1472870137.html

Bob

Just tell here I gave it to you. LOL We can say you gave me everything I buy and you can say I gave you everything you buy.

You cant drive your savage..lol What makes you think you can fly!!!lmao

If you define your constant wrecking as driving then yea I can't drive.:lmao4:

Latest posts

Members online

Back