Black Carbon Fibre.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinnessdublin

Has anyone fitted/tried the black carbon fibre twin brake discs on offer, have got some to fit & appear to be slightly thicker then HPI red offerings?

There must be someone on here to help compare the two brake disc types for braking ability & life of them surely? 👀

Has anyone fitted/tried the black carbon fibre twin brake discs on offer, have got some to fit & appear to be slightly thicker then HPI red offerings?
Guinness, you got a link to these brake discs? I think it’s about time for me to change mine out too.. which ones are you going with?

The red brake discs are just under 3mm thick when new, most around 2.8mm. The black carbon fibre are just over 3.5mm, so yes the carbon fibre ones when used in pairs are noticeably thicker. If you feel that the disks are to tight in the pads just remove 1 or 2 of the 3 spacer washers from under the heads of the set screws that hold the pads to the gearbox case.

l ordered these brake discs about a year ago (from aliexpress), seem fine quality, but never put them to use. The stock ones aren't worn out and create enough friction to stop the wheels at any point.

Latest posts

Members online

Back