Bl help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slimshamis

Hi guys I'm a nitro guy but wanted my Lil brother to get into the sport so I bought a used esavage bought a mamba pro esc and the castle 6900kv I'm running a 19tooth pinion and the stock esavage spur on a turnigy 5000mah 2s LiPo the thing is insanely fast and was breaking axles and stuff so turned the punch control to 100% and turned the power down to 74% forward the start power is at the lowest also now my problem is it feels like the motor is getting hot but I'm not sure I also have a heatsink with a fan on there do u guys have any suggestions, what tempature is a bl safe to run to

shamis i wish i could be of help, but you got me on this one.

i have no experience with the e-savage or any of those components. i'll keep an eye out tho.

180F is max safe temp. Once you get to 200ish, you demagnetize the motor and it's junk. 6900Kv is more than double what you should be running in a savage, that's why it's getting hot. What you really need is a 2000-3000Kv motor. For big heavy trucks, you want low KV and more battery cells to get up to speed.

So even though I have the esc tuned to only 74% full throttle, in your opinion should b ok or did I just buy the wrong setup

I will say that it gets up in a hurry it will actually damn near do a backflip and pulls wheelies at about 30mph no joke as soon as I get hone from work imma run it and use my temp gun and check it

Well the motor heated up real fast and the speed controller went into a thermal lock or something waited for it to cool down and it worked again so I lucked out would a 2650kv mamba monster work

Would a mamba 2650kv b ok with 1 2s turnigy LiPo

Wouldn't mind a little speed it's the torq from these motors that keep blowing diffs, drive axles, and wheel axles and nobody really offers the diffs or axles to make this thing strong everyone just says buy a flux

Latest posts

Members online

Back