Birthday gift

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's done.
c493dfae.jpg

I will try to get some video on Saturday before the race. Fair warning though this will be the first time driving a pan car so the video is likely to be of some really bad driving. Lol

Well after my race saturday I wanted BL it is bad when your lap times are limited not by your driving but by your motor. So sold the brushed setup and a 1/18 mamba setup for almost enough to buy a tekin rs (Not the pro) used and a new lrp x12 17.5 bl setup.

Got the Tekin RS and LRP X12 in last night and just on the stand WOW

I will have to mess with the settings a bit once I get it on the track but I have it pertty close I think. When that turbo kicks in watch out.

One thing alot of people may not know is that when you are talking Stock Brushed vs Stock BL the BL is actually a slower motor. You get the BL to be as fast as the brushed with the gearing as the BL produces more tq.

Well season is done. Got second in my main on saturday so not to bad.

Took it yesterday for some practice and was pushing it a lot more than i was racing. lowered lap times a bit and got the feel for it alot more.

To put this in perspective the track right now has 14 turns and no straights at all and you do that in 6.5-7 seconds. that is 2 throtal imputs a second and 4 steering inputs a second.

Edit wow I miss the edit button. 4 throttal imputs and 4 steering inputs a second.

Thanks Matt it is destroyed now along with the tires. the body's and tires only last 2-3 weeks.

Well after a few weeks of testing I will be doing a review of both the car and the tekin rs.

I had the review done and ready to go but lost it to a server crash here at work. Will redo it as soon as I can. Tech may get it back today though so fingers X'ed

Waiting for my friend to do the editing of all the races at the last weekend of the season they I will post them up.

Been putting in a little track time every once in a while when I can during the off season and I can say that the work involved in this class is insain.

Biggest problem with the car and all 1/12 is the front wheel bearings and I have done some talking to Jay from Boca about a few solutions. As soon as I get some testing done I will post up the results.

Also going to be changing out the bearings in the motor for full ceramic bearings as a test.

Well it is time to get this back out and ready for the season. Racing starts in sept. With the new ROAR rules you can no longer use the sub C battries so it will be switched over to a 1s LiPo and a 2s receiver pack. Just holding out on that till the last possible min for all the new stuff to be anounced.

Edit just noticed no pics of it as it is now. has been changed to tekin RS with lrp vector x12 17.5 motor.

9c479cca.jpg

40763c93.jpg

deec6853.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back