Big bore set up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punisher

hey whats up guys i got the big bore set up shocks on my truck i first tried running it stock with 35 wt oil .... too soft ..... then i tried with 1.4 and with the shock mod ... too stiff ... so now i have them on 1.6 haven't drove it yet ... the combos are endless with different weight i can use and different disk still runing it with 35 wt ....
just wondering how you guys have it set up ... I'm looking for bashing set up

also i have slighty bend on one of my shafts any body here selling a big bore shock I'm sure I'm not the only one who bent the shaft. somebody brought a extra set lol any body selling a shock or maybe a set for cheap let me know don't wanna buy a new set

thanks ray

found them hpi part number HPI86383

i only found set of 2 for 20.00

that sounds about right on the price of replacements. i gave away my xtra shafts some time ago or theyd be in the mail to you right now.

just make sure you don't overfill the shock body with fluid or you will continue to bend shafts, blow caps off etc. you want the truck to bottom out when you land from a big jump.

i ran 1.4's with 30# oil in mine when i had the nitro.... pretty sweet combo. it would bottom out over huge air yet stiff enough not to rob me of wheelies.

question: How are you determining "too hard" or "too soft" with your shock oils?

Latest posts

Members online

Back