between tanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildchild27

DR. DISASTER
this is wats up when i go to run my first tank of fuel all goes great threw the entire tank of fuel well when i go to fill it up again and i go to start it,it just wont fire. the mill is a lrp z28 and the tune is really nice but yet it wont fire up after a fill up. this is becoming very tire some the fuel I'm using is byrons 20% with an O.S. #8. when it does fire it runs beautiful. wheelies like crazy nice thin trail of smoke at wot plenty of smoke from a dead stop. wat could be the prob? it has no air leaks and the exhaust seal is good

eric....

The OS # 8 is NOT a good plug for any engine other then an OS. It is too short and does not even stick into the dome of the button, I believe it's 2-3 threads too short. It will also lower the compression of the engine which may be why it's a little hard to re-start.

my lsn is fine and all i have are os plugs and they always ran fine in my stock mills i also have an A3 plug too but it ran fine when it starts.

my lrp used to do this aswel, it would eventully fire up but it was quite anoying. i still don't know why it did it.

different mill but my k4.6 would do this and i had to run it just a bit on the rich side so it would fire easily after a fill up. i found the heat in the mill would vaporize the fuel before it could get to the cylinder

Sounds lean up high to me and it is getting to hot causing it to loose compression till it cools down. Try to richen the hsn a few hours.

well i found the problem today it was the hpi exhaust gasket was to thick so i put on one from a small block i had a while ago and it worked like a charm. the A3 plug is working great as well.

eric....

Latest posts

Members online

Back