Best wheels and tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Give me your opions and LINKS to the best wheels and tires .. please nothing to crazy of a price :stickspank:

I'm really kinda like the HPI Dirt Claws. As soon as the snow goes away you'll see my review.

just STAY away from the 40 series velocity 6 prolines with the 14mm hex....i don't think they hold up that well to bashing .......i have found the hpi gt-1 (well i think thats what the old style stock tires were) tires on rpm monster claws 1/2" offset to be a great all around bashing combo

axial beadlocks and proline big joe tires, 40s,that what i am running and love them

I'm running the dirt bonz and i like them!! i grabbed a set off rob aka nitronutzz on warlock rims for like $50 shipped but i know theres better ones!!

Big Worm your spot on. For bashing there perfect. You can beat rpm-they're warranteed-and the gt1s are a great all around tire. I have a set that are 3 yrs old with some major bashing time on them. Pro Line 40s w/14mm blow, they are very weak. I've not tested the new HPI 40s but they look pretty tuff.

Are the Cheyenne Wheels with the Big Joe tires a good combo.I was gonna get the velocity 6 wheels until i found out their weak for bashing.

If you're on the road, I'd recommend 40 Series Road Rage tires on Axial Oversize 8-Spoke Chrome wheels...mostly because it looks pretty awesome!

IMG_0873_Medium_.JPG

Personally I like my 1/2" Offset Maximizers wraped in Losi Zombie-Maxx Tires. These tires are great on most any surface. They get lots of traction on dirts/gravels and so on and work decent for the road granted a street tire is going to be much better. For racing some guys have stretched these zombies onto 40 series tires around here and say it works pretty good but I'm not sure how much work it would be to get them on it since they are made for a moster truck rim.

What other wheels can you fit the Big Joes other than the 40 series wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive ran those Beedlocks with proline's road rage street series. Not a good mix but with the Losi tires they work great look in the gallery you'll see my savage with them on. I forgot what type of tire the losi ones are.

oooohhh .. great for ruining my suprise .. lol They were a good tire and rim for the price

oooohhh .. great for ruining my suprise .. lol They were a good tire and rim for the price

Not ruining your surprise, giving you something to drool over until you get yours. :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Back