best way to do the throttle linkage mod for a savage x 4.6?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

hey yall, i have a savage x 4.6 and i want to do the throttle return spring mod, i read about it but it seems like all the info on it are currently pretty old so i wanted to make a post in 2021 just incase a new better method is available. i am a complete nooby so if you could let me know what i need to buy and where and how to route etc etc
i was thinking maybe doing the killer rc bumble bee nitro kill switch (it cuts the fuel flow) but me being in canada and after shipping and eveyrhting ill end up paying $85.00 cad for that which is $$$ and it seems like with my research the throttle return spring and the failsafe should be all i need unless i am mistaken, so please correct me if I'm wrong

thx!

i just noticed mine has one attached. but i thought the purpose of it was to overcome the servo if the servo wasnt told to run. mine seems to work but i feel like maybe the spring is too weak? i got into a crash the other day (it was either battery or transmitter related, and the truck didnt let go of throttle and it hit a wall) idk if the stock string is weak or maybe I'm expecting the throttle return spring to do too much?

The main thing to have is a failsafe, mine are built into the receivers. If the signal to the truck is lost for any reason the failsafe automatically moves the servo from throttle to brake regardless of a return spring. I do run return springs as well as the failsafe but the failsafe is a must.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back