best nitro fuel for savage 25?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicsavage

just quick question hope someone can help, whats best nitro fuel to run in savage, do people rather use hpi fuel or something different?

Sidewinder and Byrons are both quality fuels, not sure on the hpi brand as I have never used it, but I have had excellent luck using Sidewinder 20% Backyard basher blend fuel......

ahh much appreciated jam, bit of luck I'm running byron gen2 anyway. don't know if you happened to see on ebay they are selling this byron gen2 airfilter!! do you anything about this?

No I have not seen that airfilter got a link to the sale, I'm running the stock HPI filter on my savage and have no problem with it at all......

I Don't think that is going to fit the Savage, it needs to be round to sit in the spot above the radio box and I think that is a bit too wide to go there......

Look at Motorsaver filters on e bay they offer one about that same price and is made to fit the savage nicely....

okay nice one will check them out, but that other one its a job to say because the person whos selling haven't put no dimensions, if i buy one ill let ya know

yes i run the backyard basher fuel myself and never had issues.. i would also verify that the motorsaver filters are a gd investment ... I'm sure i read they have better air flow and protection then stock

I run Byrons now and so far so good definetly go with the motor saver filter.

Another vote for Sidewinder fuel. I run race blend.

okay thanks for the help, i had a look on ebay for this sidewinder fuel but i can seem to find any? where do you purchase this fuel?

Torco for me. I have tried all kinds of fuel, but have settled on Torco. They make 1.1 racing fuel like VP does. The catch for me is that they use synthetic lubes. Runs and tunes like O'Donnells. You can get it online and they deliver to you house. I always had problems with one ways until I started using this fuel. For better, and cleaner. Many will say you have to have castor, after using Torco for years, I disagree.

I use HPIs recommended Optifuel 25% in all my 7 Savages. Seems to work well, not to oilly and mills start and run well on it. Back in the old days used Tornado 25% fuel which was HPIs recommended fuel back then and my trucks loved it. Not sure if the Tornado fuel that I see listed on eBay is the same stuff or not. The old stuff used to come in 2.5l metal cans and you could buy it in Halfords.

Yes remember Tornado fuel Gazzman in metal cans, can’t recall seeing it at Halfords though but we are talking back what 15+ yrs, funny as still have some which I use to clean my air filter out with! 👍🏻

What you don't remember Halfords used to be the HPI stockist. Had a little section in the store with all the savage parts hanging on the wall, It was were I purchased my 1st Savage 25. Oh happy days. Broke a part, just pop to Halfords

How funny good old Halfords, perhaps now remember seeing Tornado fuel on shelf but price may have put me off. Lol!

is it ok if I use bones brew 30% nitro 10% oil on my Savage 25 engine that was sitting for like 10 yrs of doing nothing? It's the only fuel I got and I got 6 quarts of it..

Attachments

• 20221109_135134.jpg
    20221109_135134.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 3
is it ok if I use bones brew 30% nitro 10% oil on my Savage 25 engine that was sitting for like 10 yrs of doing nothing? It's the only fuel I got and I got 6 quarts of it..
It will work, just keep in mind it is just 10% oil, so lube and heat may play a factor, keep it rich and run it easy till you know how it does...

Would like to try Bones fuel but don’t think it’s available this side of pond?
What other fuel choices do you guys have available your side of pound?

Would like to try Bones fuel but don’t think it’s available this side of pond?
What other fuel choices do you guys have available your side of pound?
Same here, would love to try some Bones 30% or any 30% for that matter. Have searched the web for 30% brew but not found anything for sale in the UK. 25% fuel seems to be the best we can get over here, although 25% is fine would just like to try some 30%.
I have always run 25% right back from the early 2000s when I got my 1st Savage, Good old Tornado in those days but now run Optifuel. Used to love the old Tornado fuel. Not sure if the stuff today is the same or not but Optifuel 25% works ok for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Back