Best gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IamSavage

Ok guy need some help I have a savage 4.6 fit a sts .30 engine and she was one of the best cars I ever had but last week fit tvp 3mm xl chassis plates and a xl shell. And now it finding it hard to wheelie and so on had tuned it and I got it to the best it could be so what I'm ask is this is I'm on a 18t bell and a 49t spur so could anyone tell me what I should be running oh I have change the diff to the hard bullet proof duffs
I was thinking of going to a 16 t to pull the wight any ideas

yea ian you will have to play with gearing. me personally i don't like a truck that wheelies so i go the other way with gearing. but yes a smaller tooth count on the clutch bell will give you better low end performance

I hear what ur saying why was she running a little hot not to the point were it smokes it was 256.2 and mine never goes above 185 - 226 so I turned out hsn so I had a bit more smoke coming out yea ok it helped but I noticed she was going well but the pull off was slow than normal. A friend said its because I am pulling more wight so go down on the bell, one tooth or to a 16t

Anyway I order a bell with a 15t, 16t, and a 17t
Also am I right in saying that every tooth u drop on the mani drive ie the bell it's 2.5 tooth to spur if u made the spur bigger

When i had the LRP engine on my savage with the XL TVPs I ran a 17/47 With the longer wheel base it will be harder to wheely since the weight is further away from the rear wheels ( it acts like a lever).

Sweet I'm running 16/49 but after today found I had to go to a 17
I see what u mean by the wight is more over the front
Thanks guys

Also what would u say about xl shell made from fiber glass I found a guy on eBay that makes them 48.00 pound with no light or would u say it's to heavy

Latest posts

Members online

Back