Best electrical connecters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage 6768

Hi all
I am looking for advice or opinions on plugs running from my esc to lipos currently running 6s. Have been using deans connectors but find every so often landing from big jumps the deans come apart so want to see what else is out there
Cheers :)

I've only used deans, traxxas high current, xt60 and xt90. xt90's and 60's are my favorites so far. They hold together well and are easy to solder. I have the traxxas ones on all my stuff and I'm thinking of switching to XT90's instead. My traxxas ones pop apart sometimes and they are a real pain to solder properly to get the plastic part on.

Size reference:
XT90-XT60-TRX-Tamiya-Deans
2018-0604-Connectors-XT90-XT60-TRX-Tamiya-Deans.jpg

Man I didn't realize there are so many different connectors out there :banghead:. I have ended up buying some ec5 connectors off ebay as they are good for 100amp draw. 10 pairs for $ 10.00 posted to me

Man I didn't realize there are so many different connectors out there :banghead:. I have ended up buying some ec5 connectors off ebay as they are good for 100amp draw. 10 pairs for $ 10.00 posted to me

Really would save alot of us a bit of time if RC companies would just standardize the connectors used.....

Hi. I did some research and ended using EC5 on my Savages with 6s. Didnt have any connection related problems since. The only drawback of using EC5 is that will not find batteries that already fit EC5 connectors.

Hi. I did some research and ended using EC5 on my Savages with 6s. Didnt have any connection related problems since. The only drawback of using EC5 is that will not find batteries that already fit EC5 connectors.

That's good to know. Its now got me motivated to change over all my connections to just the one kind of plug :)

Really would save alot of us a bit of time if RC companies would just standardize the connectors used.....
It also would be good if all the battery companies would give you the option when buying lipos to give the option of what connectors you want to have on them and not charge extra

It also would be good if all the battery companies would give you the option when buying lipos to give the option of what connectors you want to have on them and not charge extra

Learn to solder and you can put on any connector that you want..... I never could figure people in this hobby who have not mastered a basic skill like soldering wires to connectors, cost is cheap and it is not difficult to do......

That's good to know. Its now got me motivated to change over all my connections to just the one kind of plug :)

EC5 connectors are a bit tricky to solder and assemble. Here are some tips to prevent you from repeating my mistakes: The female inserts should go into the narrower plastic case and the male ones into the wider case (if done the wrong way they also fit and work ok). The wires must pass through the plastic cases before soldering the metal inserts. Once soldered to the wires, metal inserts can be pushed backwards into the case.

Just got my first lot of EC5 connectors in and soldered up, no dramas with the soldering and snapping the connectors into the plugs ( very satisfying feeling ) so much so have used the first lot on my flux 5b so have just ordered another lot of 10 pairs from ebay :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back