bent clutch springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoppedup Savage

I ran the savvy and then it wouldnt go, i took the clutch bell off and noticed the flywheel was loose so i tighted it and put it all back together with new clutch springs, after about a tank of gas my clutch springs look like this. what am i doing wrong??? i need your help!!!

Have you made sure that when you fit the shoes and springs, you pushed the inner part of the spring down far enough to hook inside the nut on the shaft, if you look you will see the nut has a recess about half way down and all the way round it, i have heard of this before and it is where the spring is sitting on the nut and hasn't been pushed down far enough, you should hear a slight click when it seats itself. If it isnt pushed down far enough then this puts too much pressure on the spring at high revs which can cause it too snap.

Sorry dude, i cant possibly think of any other reason why this has happened, its a new one for me, hopefully someone on here may be able to shed some light on the matter. Good luck pal!

thanks, this is the 2nd time this has happend sense the engine upgrade from a s-25 to a Sure fire .32

'Maybe' the new engine is the problem. Too much torque possibly for the springs you have, you can buy heavy duty springs with the ally shoes...i believe New Era and Ofna do these springs...might be worth a look.

so nobody on here out of 500 something people is willing to even guess at what might be my problem??? hmmm....... WAKE UP GUYS

thanks for the help..... means alot to me...... why don't you help instead of saying sleep is good

how's your mesh with the clutch bell and spur gear? Meaning You should try running a piece of paper between the two and have it come out rigid marks but not torn. Are your shoes facing in the right direction ( counter clock wise ) Lastly when You where placing the springs you could have stretched the spring just a tad to much. I've been their done that not knowing what the issue might have been. Alignment is a must and putting the springs back on isn't the easiest thing to do.

Preference - I like using Mugen springs. They come in 3 sizes
a.09 - light
b. 1.0 - med.
c. 1.1 - real heavy

the mesh was good, nothing was binding, i put the springs on just like it said to do, my flywheel comes loose when it does this and it will stay still but the crank will turn but not the flywheel

Is it possable that the spring got stuck on the side of the bell housing.

]-[0pa]0ng said:
Vash - This is what we call spamming a thread. Most forums will ban you for it with out a warning.
won't happen again

I would help but i know nothing about thease trucks just recieved my first a few days ago! sorry. I do have one suggestion though, The place i bought my truck from has a help Line. I think it is free. It is in canada though soo.. i donu here is the site http://www.greathobbies.com/about/contact/index.php
You could phone or e-mail thease guys i would suggest e-mail if u live out side of canada. But they will be great help they allways gave very good advice for my RC planes. they do sell RC trucks and cars. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back