Belting A Tire by Nitromite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NITROMITE

This has been done maney times I'm shure. But i like to use something different. Renforced Packing tape. Why this tape rather than the duct tape. Its renforced!! you use much less, and its alot easyer to keep them balanced..what you need to belt your tires is.

beltingatire003.jpg

1. little yellow man (i will sell for $50.00)lol
2 4-tires
3. renforced packing tape
its that smple

here is the tape i like to use
beltingatire004.jpg

you will need to flip your tires inside out and clean the inside good so the tape will stick "not that i did"

beltingatire005.jpg

next you will only need one layer right in the center of your tires.

beltingatire006.jpg

you will only need one layer all the way arround the tire as you are using reenforced tape that gives none.

beltingatire007.jpg

flip the tire right side out and you are belted. no more balooning or riped tires

beltingatire008.jpg

Hope this helps! ive seen alot of people asking about belting a tire

Nice job!! I did a set of tires using regular packing tape. It helded up well. But next time I am going to try your method looks like it may hold up better. Thanks for sharing you ideas.

Keep the rubber side down

PM sent on the yellow man.

Sounds good, I will give it a try. I have some of that tape here. Not sure when the next tires I will get will be as I have all pretty good stuff right now but you never know.

I always thought that it needed to be about 2" wide, but you probly know better considering that I've never tried it. :)

Thanks for the tip!

I do want to note that if you do not clean your tire well the tape can come off and bunch up on one side of the tire and give a very off balance tire along with a bulge in the tire. So it is important to clean the inside of the tire.

X2 lar

i wish i had a good way to explain this !!

when you use my method the center of the tire does not swell like a drag car!! I'm sure you have seen that many times. the force goes right to the center of the rubber "expanding it"
with my method the swelling can only spread out!! giving you major hook up

Last edited by a moderator:
nice method & write up guy (tags also).

i, like jason, have used duct tape in the past, but i like the looks of that tape you used, looks reinforced. very strong.

+ rep.

nice method & write up guy (tags also).

i, like jason, have used duct tape in the past, but i like the looks of that tape you used, looks reinforced. very strong.

+ rep.

Thanks guys! again you will love the difference with this tape. less weight and man does it hold up. but clean the tire good and make the tape straight and even as possible. the tire i use was just to make the how to, it will not be used or i would have takin the time to clean it and get the tape on better. but it should give you a clear how to.

awesome write-up, I just did this with my newly installed pro-line mashers! I switched from road-rages to these because they sucked on grass, lol.

awesome write-up, I just did this with my newly installed pro-line mashers! I switched from road-rages to these because they sucked on grass, lol.

let us know how it all turns out.

as frddyj says let us know if you like it as well as i do. i know you will. glad someone can use the info

works awesome, no tire ballooning at all even with it topped out in 3rd gear. It does get a little wobbly though at that speed, lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back