bearings turning but its not turning over the motor did i break something

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowrc

I have a savage x and the bearing for the rotostart turns with i insert the roto start wich sucks by the way anyways, it turns like its supposed to but now the motor wont turn over. Anybody know what i did and how to fix

Thanks

That is what mine did yesterday. I pulled the roto off the motor and my one way is cracked. I'd check that, also don't put any grease on the gears cus it can get on the one way adn make it slip too.

how do you check that just take off the backplate mabey you could explain how to seal backplate and replace and how much money are the oneways and such
key tips and such thanks

i just had a problem similar except my bearing was bad but the shaft that the bearing is on can wear out which is what happened to me it cost $50 for both a new bearing and shaft. they showed me the shaft and it was very worn. when it wears it become very shiney i would recommend bringing it you LHS and have them look at it. Or it could possibly be a broken gear in the backing plate which i have also had but its not expensive to fix i would just bring it to the shop to get it checked. Does it make any noise or anything when you try to start it?

Last edited by a moderator:
no it just spins normally but ill have to really test it out once i get my new rotostart from hpi the one i have the gears stripped 2 times already theres gotta be a better way mabey someone has made a better one at home or something. Its a very simple desine it would be hard to make one without so many gears.

so it makes the pumping noise when you try to start it or does it just spin and make no noies or do anything?

i had that but i had a bad bearing and shaft but since your truck is new right i doubt it could be a worn shaft so maybe you broke a gear i have done that once or twice and the bearing cracked

okay yah its a new truck, ive just never been inside there so i don't even know how it works in there how many gears are in there and can it be expensive to replace all this and how many times have you had these kinds of issues does your rotostart work good for you? Sorry for all the questions but i want to get my truck out and running again as cheap as possible too.

there isnt many gears in the plate i think to replace the whole piece was $20 for me all the gears and a new back plate. i had to replace it but i think when you go to the store you should have them tell you about everything and how it all works and how to replace things if needed

i don't know about a pullstart. i don't know anybody with one I'm sure it does though. plus the cord breaks on them too

could be the bearing is slipping. if youre using after run oil this is the biggest cause of OWB's to slip. if there is no noitceable damage to the bearing clean of grease it and let it dry then reinstall and try again

It also could be that spring inside the crankshaft that pushes out the pin could be broke.

@crowrc
IF YOU ARE USING A DRILL TO START MAKE SURE YOU LOOSEN THE CLUTH ON DRILL OR IT WILL BREAK ROTO START OR DAMAGE ENGINE.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back