Beadlock Rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

Ok ive purchased these so called bead lock rims the rims a axial rims and low profile proline tires they are great for grippin the ground but when me and my bud race or do the urban assalt up and down my street they pop out I was under the impression that you didnt need to glue these rims and tires together driving it up into my drive way the little bump of the driveways entrence from the street itll po out then all of these little f in screws I'm just totally un happy any one else feel this way I mean these things cost me 150.00 dallars there still in new condition but the screw heads are ground up a little I think I'm going to glue them now and flat head all the little screws I had to upgrad to the 17mm hex's and looking at getting some ofna pirate rims and tires for off road and I guess like I said glues these street tires well thanks for letting me vent don't buy these beadlocks from axial and mix them with the proline maybe that was a bad combo....any one esle have this problem.:blastaway: i wana shoot these tires...

Wow that sucks. Must be because of prolines soft compound. I know maximizer beadlocks say to use there rage rings that have teeth for those kinds of tires. Probably the same type of thing. Could you maybe rough sand the surface to help it hold the tire better? I was looking to get the axial beadlocks and mashers, but now I don't know.

ive heard that it was because of the bead on the street tires, ive also read that they hold off road tires better... but I'm not sure.

I can't buy them now but if your wanting to sell them PM me. See what we can do. I think if anything that the Proline street tire isn't a good combo for the Axail bead. Like was said Maximzer have a rough side to hold the lip of the tire better. Sorry it didn't work out for ya but good info for everyone to know.

i have the axial bead locks and proline tires. Ihave not had any problems with them. I'm sorry to hear that you have bad luck with them.

Beadlocks

I have the X-75 offset maximizers beadlocks. Mine came with SHIMS for different tire mounting. I tried to boil my stock savageX tires off to no avail I ended up slowly painstakingly cutting the tires off the warlock rims with a razor and put on the X-75's they spun off I added the shims that came with set of maximizers and ducktaped the inside of the tire to reduce ballooning and have never looked back. Look into some shims for yours or look into these

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maximizer-Black...5338072QQihZ016QQcategoryZ44028QQcmdZViewItem

plus on the packaging of the Maximizer X-75's it tells what tires need the shims hope this helps you out.

Thanks man for the info I will look into these shims I need to do somthing cuz this is just bad news

The shims referred to are the rage rings. Just look on maximers site. I have not seen anything like them for the axials.

Here is a list of tires that require shims if using Maximizer. Maybe you could buy some Maximizer shims and try them in your Axial there only $4.00.

http://www.maximizerproducts.com/maxstore/stores/1/Ring_shims_set_of_eight_P218C55.cfm

HPI: Dirt Bonz, Dirt Claw
Losi: King Pin
Imex: Swamp Dawg, Claw Dawg, Dirt Dawg, Rib Dawg, Baja, Road Dawg, Pin Dawg & Trail Dawg
ProLine: Maxx Bow Tie, Maxx Road Rage, Maxx Paddle, Maxx Mulcher, Badlands, Crimefighter MT, Holeshot MT

http://www.maximizerproducts.com

I have a call into Axial. One of the reps called today. But i was not home. but left him another message, to call friday at THREE. But none of this matter at this moment cuz of my Accident I need more thatn tires lol.

lol yeah I know. Got a hold of Randell at Axial few things I'd like to say. He could'nt help me but did offer some insight to the situation. useing a wire coat hanger to form a ring to go between the bead of the tire and the beadlock ring. that they test these rims with there tires not prolines. That they were infact intended for off road but street tires do work. and to be on the look out for the NEW AXIAL .28 RR fasterand stronger. Also there doing a break in test on motors. The first test is a motor out of the box. NO break in just start it. lean it. and RIP. his words exactly They want to see how long it last. there will be three others. THe normal break in . one that is longer. and one EVEn longer.
I asked him if they would post the results on there site. He thought that they would. So this leaves me back to the hobby store and confront the owner on the fact that proline 40 series street tires are not a good match for the Axial beadlocks. Plus why he doesnt even have the Axial Tires that they recommend... on his shelves.

like to do it Friday but I have an M.R.I scheduled at 1:00 so it'll have to be after Plus promised the girls some Ice Cream...

OOh,OOh , I Like ice cream....lol. So your custom a-arms are off schedual.

well got my blue print done. now its time to get the Program made to run the set of parts. Also ordered solid 1/4 round aluminum 10 feet. gonna make a roll bar dude.

These are what my Beadlocks look like now. after my LHS fixed my issues. Igot a 50% off the axial rims and free Prolines for my other tires. I'm happy now cuz these Losi tires rip and they stay on...View attachment 386

yeah got a plan to start the roll bar ordered 20 ft. of the stuff cuz its so cheap. and its all 6061 standard machining aluminum. so if you want some just let me know man. I'll give you an even better price....

I'd be interested in getting a good cage made up. How are you gonna bond the aluminum? Braze I guess? I don't think the aluminum will hold up to well though, as I have a friend that has a chromoly steel cage and he bends the crap out of it constantly. To straighten it he puts it against a wall adn kicks it a few times, nice huh.

LOL yeah this is going to be WELDED with a mig welder. I have a buddy at work that is really good at welding aluminum. Now that I'm up to getting pics on here even though they may not be of best quality. I'll post upsome pics of the welding he's done. all the stuff I'm getting (materials) is 6061 aluminum this is very standard so I kinda laugh at the ads on line. you know when they say its 6061.???? well yeah it is... any way the ROLL BAR will be solid aluminum no brazing. If you look at my stock (handle) roll bar that comes with the savy its aluminum and its all scratched up. I do realize that these will brake at some point. I hope to make these cheap (cost and fabrication wise) not quality. I don't know if I should build it with aluminum shock towers in mind or stock. do you have any suggetions? CCK

ANd now I,m totally happy with my axial beadlocks with the losi tires they work killer. Cant wait to try my new ofna,s

Savagecre - What do you think of the losis with the axial wheels? Where they hard to get on? what about side wall flex? Were they hard to bead up on the wheels?

Sorry been gone for a few days. but yes you have to really sit down when installing these. as you go around with the screws you must also poke the bead of the tire in to make sure it's in the bead of the rim. But let me tell you at full throttle you can almost turn as sharp as you want these tires are sick. they slide. with my truck set up and camber the way I like it the truck is now fun on the street.

Hey bro, WAZZZZ UPPP! So ya like the tires,...COOL. Have you ran the proline's to see what there going to be like on thier new rims, yet?....

With those rims and tire sets you got, Looks like your truck is ready for a photo shoot, bro. I'll bring my cam and get some tough pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back