Battery charging help please!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronewbe

Hello I just bought a tenergy 5cell 6volt 1600mah NiMH Hump recover battery pack!! Does anyone know if theses come charged already or do I have to charge it and for how long??Thanks in advance

charge it for 8 hrs or so before using it.... and if storing it for any length of time discharge it down before doing so otherwise it is bad for the cells to be left charged for storage.....

charge it for 8 hrs or so before using it.... and if storing it for any length of time discharge it down before doing so otherwise it is bad for the cells to be left charged for storage.....
What's the best way to discharge it n safe way? Thanks again

to dump my cells I soldered up an 1156 automotive bulb with the plug I am using and made my own it draws about 3/4 ths amp and when the lite gets dim I remove it and store the pack, DO NOT LET THE BULB GO OUT!!! so keep an eye on it while discharging... it can cause cell polarity reversal and that will kill the pack........ mine are usually done in about 30 mins depending on how much I had used the vehicle...
I have packs that are 10 years old and they still function normally.....

to dump my cells I soldered up an 1156 automotive bulb with the plug I am using and made my own it draws about 3/4 ths amp and when the lite gets dim I remove it and store the pack, DO NOT LET THE BULB GO OUT!!! so keep an eye on it while discharging... it can cause cell polarity reversal and that will kill the pack........ mine are usually done in about 30 mins depending on how much I had used the vehicle...
I have packs that are 10 years old and they still function normally.....
Nice very creative I'm going to get the stuff together n do it!! Wow 10yrs that's awsome I was reading on this tengery that the life span Was 1000 chargers! How long does this battery last in ur truck? Thanks again

Nice very creative I'm going to get the stuff together n do it!! Wow 10yrs that's awsome I was reading on this tengery that the life span Was 1000 chargers! How long does this battery last in ur truck? Thanks again

I have never run one down in my rig, I usually only run a few tanks thru each truck I take bashing, but I am sure they will be sufficient for a days bashing....... you have to keep in mind when I go play I take several vehicles with me so I can run them all a time or two....or 3 or 4 :lmao:

I have never run one down in my rig, I usually only run a few tanks thru each truck I take bashing, but I am sure they will be sufficient for a days bashing....... you have to keep in mind when I go play I take several vehicles with me so I can run them all a time or two....or 3 or 4 :lmao:
U run same battery in all ur rigs? I was thinking bout buying another of the tengery!!but not sure I only have one rig to run for now!!

NO I have several 5 cell hump packs.... having as many trucks, buggies and nitro stuff I need them all... I think I have 8 in total

Members online

No members online now.
Back