battery and charger questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageBasherxl

Just received in the mail today my hyperion 0606i charger and my maxamps 6500mah 7.4v 2s lipos.

My questions are as follows.

1. The website says the charger is not for high mah batteries? Is 6500 to much for this charger?

2. The charger says it can charge lipos from 100-20,000 mah. Is this true? If so why would a 6500 pack be to much?

3. How many amps should I charge my packs safely?

I really like how this charger also charges the NiMH packs also because I have other rc's that use them.

If this charger is okay I would like to purchase another to charge more at once but I wanna make sure it can handle what I want it to do first.

i haven't had the chance to play with Lith Ion/Poly but as for NiMH cells...

generally between 4-5A to charge at but stay around and watch the battery, do not leave it unattended. What would you do with a 6500 MaH stick anyhow? that would take forever to charge. lol

i haven't had the chance to play with Lith Ion/Poly but as for NiMH cells...

generally between 4-5A to charge at but stay around and watch the battery, do not leave it unattended. What would you do with a 6500 MaH stick anyhow? that would take forever to charge. lol

Longer run times. Yeah charging takes longer but whatever. My NiMH packs I always charge at 4 amps. I'm more curious about the lipos and if this charger can handle them.

I had the same charger, and hyperion 2s 6500's. Never had any issues charging. And from what I remember, you just enter how many mah and how many cells and that was it. Didnt have to adjust the amps. The charger did that automatically. Only time I had to adjust amps, was for the NiMH hump pack for the nitro.

Just received in the mail today my hyperion 0606i charger and my maxamps 6500mah 7.4v 2s lipos.

My questions are as follows.

1. The website says the charger is not for high mah batteries? Is 6500 to much for this charger?

2. The charger says it can charge lipos from 100-20,000 mah. Is this true? If so why would a 6500 pack be to much?

the charger will work... it prob says 'not for high capacity packs' because it's max output is 6A and it will take a while to charge it.

3. How many amps should I charge my packs safely?

Because my Hyperion charger max output is 15A (615duo) I charge my hyperion 6500's at 15a (or not quite 3c) you will only be able to charge at 1c/6A with that charger because that is all its capable of.

If this charger is okay I would like to purchase another to charge more at once but I wanna make sure it can handle what I want it to do first.

If you spend a couple hundred on this charger, i really think you will have remorse and wish you spent the money on a 610, 615 or 720duo that will output 10,15 and 20A respectively. I as well as many of us (savy-scott & triplesix) started with the 606i only to sell it and move up to a 615 or 720.

on nmih i would charge at 1c so 6500 would be amps bu i would do a little less if it gets hot on LiPo I'm not really sure as i have a small scale LiPo thats a few years old on a old trition charger lol

Which charger would be good to charge my 6500mah lipos at the same time As well as charge my 2 5000 mah NiMH batteries a
t the same time? Not all 4 at once but one set at a time.

Money doesn't matter as long as it is a quality charger. I'm guessing ill also need a power supply?

You may definately want to look into the 615 or the 720 duo's. With the 0606, its gonna take about 60-70 minutes to charge each LiPo. With the 615 or 720, its only gonna take you maybe 20 minutes for both simutaneously. You will also have to buy a seperate power supply, but it will speed up the waiting time ridiculously.

Which charger would be good to charge my 6500mah lipos at the same time As well as charge my 2 5000 mah NiMH batteries a
t the same time? Not all 4 at once but one set at a time.

Money doesn't matter as long as it is a quality charger. I'm guessing ill also need a power supply?

Check out maxamps. I just bought the 0720i duo and the 24v maxamps powersupply for about 450 shipped.

Check out maxamps. I just bought the 0720i duo and the 24v maxamps powersupply for about 450 shipped.

Sounds good that's exactly what I am gonna do. Maxamps quality is very impressive. I like how my lipos came with the inspection card with all of the techs signatures so u know it was done right. The extra coin is sometimes well worth it. Especially when talking about batteries.

I regreted buying the eos606, thinking of getting the 720 with my tax return. It takes 70mins each to charge my 6500, now thats bs!
Haha oh well you live and you learn.

Members online

Back