bashing tvp's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShiftPoint

Mmm, they look different from all the other designs I seen.. I wonder if they would be heavier due to not being machined as much as the FLM or Innovatives?

Those look really beefy. But, .125" is only 3.175mm thick, which doesn't really seem that much tougher than some other options. It seems like I've seen some much thicker TVPs out there, in the 6mm range. Obviously these do not have the material removed like most do, but I think extra material is best used as thickness.

Also, is there a chance that these would box in just too much heat?

Either way, they definitely look pretty sweet.

The Bash TVPs aren't extraordinarily thick, at 3.175mm. If I were going for uber-strength, I'd get some thicker FLM TVPs before going with the RC Solutions version.

The RC Solutions stuff is nicely-made, however, and having colors available is a nice change from the raw aluminum of FLM.

We've got a couple versions of the RC Solutions TVPs in black still available at the SMF Store for a few bucks less than RC Solutions charges. Just an FYI. http://www.smfstore.com/index.php?cPath=31_183_204

Considering that the stock TVPs are sold for around $27 each seperate, I would say I would try out these TVPs. Not bad for the money and pretty too! I agree with Yeah Yeah on the basher style completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have to say, the more I look at those TVPs, their durability comes in second compared to their style. I wish I could actually see a truck with them installed instead of just the flat picture of them alone. Obviously all the TVPs are designed differently, but those have probably the most unique look I have seen. I could definitely see installing those bad boys in black.

All things considered, despite beating the crap out of my Savage over the past five years, I've done VERY little damage to the stock TVPs. The RC Solutions units would probably do the job just fine.

They look like they would be good for bashing but I think the stock look is better.

well as far as i know the factory sponsored guys that go out to exhibitions and fullsize monster truck events and do those insane high jumps just use doubled up stock tvp's and some longer screws.......think about it stock look (stealthy) but with double the strenght.i would personally think indestructable.... you can get a set of stock tvp's on ebay for around $8-$10 just about any day of the week... heck i got a set last week for like $1.50

I am not really interested in getting these myself, just had never seen them before. I guess being solid would make them tougher from the top side but most messed up tvp's I have seen are damaged from the side.

I do like the spacers or supports that come with them and the protection they would offer from rocks etc... but I don't really ever see any damage from that kind of stuff either. I wonder what the spring is for?

I have the stock ones on ne truck and a pair of 6mm thick ones on the other, the 6mm ones seem undestructable.

Latest posts

Members online

Back