Banks blitz ESE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bankrupter

Well I pulled a all nighter and got my Race blitz ready for the track today..

Ill post some pics and fill in the blanks later. I did not do a step by step of the build. its straight forward and with the HPI picture book a 6 year old could do it. 7 hours start to finish with two breaks including dyeing the parts red. I think it came out ok.. better then all the all white ones at the track. I want to have a Budweiser lid made up for it ... O Mike... ? Please? ? :) ? maybe a Marlboro one too ... we'll see

Got the idea from "vr6cj" on another forum.

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

What yea think? you can even see the sun come up in the pics... lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the red made all the difference. ive never been impressed with the blitz but this one looks pretty killer.

i think the red made all the difference. ive never been impressed with the blitz but this one looks pretty killer.

I saw a few parts done on another blitz. I had to do them all. I was afraid to kill it with too much but I think I got a good balance. I wanted to do blaze orange but could not find the dye today. Red yellow or black is all anyplace had. It looked super sharp till the awful gray bumpers went on it. May swap them to black ..

Nice!!! I have to agree with ya on the bumpers..lol

Looks good Justin. Wish I could pull an all nighter to get mine done. But, then again, it'll never be fully finished without a Rx, motor, and ESC. And a battery too. And thanks for the idea about dyin the parts. I may just do that one day.

Looks good Justin. Wish I could pull an all nighter to get mine done. But, then again, it'll never be fully finished without a Rx, motor, and ESC. And a battery too. And thanks for the idea about dyin the parts. I may just do that one day.

Yea its not worth it at all ... Now I feel like Poop ...

looks good,what color was teh red parts you dyed and which body design do you have?

Justin, nice work. The blitz looks awesome! Haha you can actually see the sun coming up in the pics... Looks really damn good.... think we could get some close up pics of the plastic parts? i want to see what the finish is like close up???

Hmmm how easy was it to dye those parts??? do you think it may be worth it on a savage??? Some orange shock towers....

Get some vids up... i really liked the blitz but cant afford the 4x4 so was looking at this...

Well I pulled a all nighter and got my Race blitz ready for the track today..

Ill post some pics and fill in the blanks later. I did not do a step by step of the build. its straight forward and with the HPI picture book a 6 year old could do it. 7 hours start to finish with two breaks including dyeing the parts red. I think it came out ok.. better then all the all white ones at the track. I want to have a Budweiser lid made up for it ... O Mike... ? Please? ? :) ? maybe a Marlboro one too ... we'll see

Got the idea from "vr6cj" on another forum.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/justin11275/Blitz/DSC_0054.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/justin11275/Blitz/DSC_0052.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/justin11275/Blitz/DSC_0053.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/justin11275/Blitz/DSC_0055.jpg

What yea think? you can even see the sun come up in the pics... lol

:beforeme::beforeme::beforeme::beforeme::beforeme::beforeme:

I like it Justin'

Justin, nice work. The blitz looks awesome! Haha you can actually see the sun coming up in the pics... Looks really damn good.... think we could get some close up pics of the plastic parts? i want to see what the finish is like close up???

Hmmm how easy was it to dye those parts??? do you think it may be worth it on a savage??? Some orange shock towers....

Get some vids up... i really liked the blitz but cant afford the 4x4 so was looking at this...

Its simple to dye parts. heat water, add dye, drop in ,wait and pull out... Been doing my rims for years white and yellow to black.. None of my rims I have bought black, ever. You cant do savage towers/parts ... They are black. Can't go lighter only darker.. The finish is the same as the plastic. If it shinny then it shines if its dull it will be dull. Just puts the pigment into the plastic. Does not change the plastics composition at all.

looks good,what color was teh red parts you dyed and which body design do you have?
all the red but the battery strap was that off white of the arms and spur color but the battery strap. That was pure white. the body thats going on this first is the rtr/ESE body. it comes clear..

a26509da.gif

The red came out AMAZING !
I like how you make the thread right from the ghetto just straight up post the pics no wait in between and stuff rockout

+rep :)

Thanks ... How do you have steller's photobucket smiles ? that is troubling to me ..

:beforeme::beforeme::beforeme::beforeme::beforeme::beforeme:

I like it Justin'

thanks dan ..

Handles real good with the shock set-up you used? Is it on the stiff side, soft side, or in between?

good, just good, ATM Not sweet, not :loveford: , nothing embellishing the word good

Yes.. Think I'm going to go lil stiffer I ran again tonight..

Thicker oil? Keep me posted. I was thinkin anout goin 30wt A piston front and 35-40wt B piston rear. And settin up hide ride with arms slightly above level.

Latest posts

Members online

Back