Azzar Antenas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShiftPoint

I don't know if anyone has tried these antennas, they are much shorter than the stock or wire antennas.

I haven't tried this on my truck and wont now cause I am using 2.4ghz, but if I had a 27mhz or 75mhz I would be using one. I use one on my quadracopter which ts 72mhz, the azarr I have is about 9 inches long it works as well as the stock 39 inch wire that comes with the stock rx. I guess I cant say it works as well because I have never mesured it but flying I cannot tell a difference. they have a 27mhz that is like 9 inches long.

It is worth looking into and a cheap upgrade

http://www.ecubedrc.com/antennas.htm

they do have the surface frquency antenas for cars and boats, look under the section "Antenna for Ground/Water Vehicles" at the M27 and M75.

as for range, I thought I read somewhere back when I bought the one I use that for the 72mhz frequencys they gurenteed at least 80% of the range,. the normal 72mhz antenna you get on the rx's is 39", the azarr 72mhz is shortened to 7 inches.

I would say for 27mhz it would much better than for the 72mhz, because a 39 inch antenna is a 1/4th legnth antenna at 72mhz, which means it is 1/4th the size of the perfect antenna which would be 156 inches down to 7 inches for the azarr. the best legnth for 27mhz would be 416 inches, so for our 27mhz rc's we are using mush smaller than a 1/4th wavelegnth antenna, more like a 1/16th wavelegnth which is 26inches, not sure but I would guess our 27mhz antenna wires are about 26 inches, the azarr is 9 inches for 27mhz, so may even get more distnance.

Best thing to do is email the guy (inventor) and ask him, I did that when I bought mine and he was very nice, answered all my questions.

the formula for figureing antenna legnth is speed of light / frequency, but an easier way is to use this page, http://www.crompton.com/wa3dsp/hamradio/antcalc.html

Members online

No members online now.
Back