Axial SCX-10 4 Wheel steer Jeep JK 2 door

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullThrottle

So, I recently got an Axial SCX-10 crawler.
It's mostly stock and I'm running some old school stuff here. LOL
It's got a brushed 27 turn Axial motor with a Traxxas XL-5 ESC, powered by NiMH batteries, all being controlled by a 1994 vintage Futaba Attack 4, 4 channel AM radio.
I added all the components to have 4 wheel steering last night and took it for a test crawl tonight after work.
I got a new phone as well, so here are some good quality pics FINALLY!!!
YAY!!
Videos are still uploading, but I'll post 'em up when they're done!!

With my custom GoPro mounting bracket:

Sweet, although it does look like the rear suspension has suffered a failure in that pic.... bet it is easier to crawl up some tough trails and rocks with 4ws in it.....

Yes Jam, it is nice having 4ws, but on the other hand it can be a double edged sword if you're not careful.....:oops:
Ask me how I know...:p
It's going to take me about a month to master steering two axles independently...;)

VIDS!

Last edited:
Yup, is a tough one, I tried it on my WildFire Clodbuster, I have an attack 4 4 channel radio and when I first built it I ran that one,was a different feeling to be sure..... now it is all on 2 channels one throttle and the other one with a y harness for steering.....

Fun vid. At points, you'd almost think it was a 1:1 vid if you didn't pay too much attention to scale. Your friend has a a pretty cool crawler. Lots of detail with lights and accessories.

Cool vid, do you have lights on your as well? At times in the vid it looks kike you have head lights.

Wht control are you using?

Thanks guys!
Yes, the giants helped indeed!
Yes, I do have lights on mine(4 white up front and 2 red out back) as well, and I also have a used 6" light bar coming from a friend!
I'm using a 1993 model year Futaba Attack 4 FP-T4NBL stick type, I bought for my King Hauler, when I bought that.
I borrowed it for the JK.
I'm using the right stick for throttle and front axle steering, and the left stick's left/right channel is rear axle steering. Very tricky!!!

Last night I made a purchase at Tower Hobbies.
I got a NiMH battery pack(7 cell for a little extra oomph! LOL), a 55 turn crawler motor, a 12 tooth pinion, and a Y harness to plug in both sets of LEDs.
I should see them Monday!

More vids!

Fun vid. At points, you'd almost think it was a 1:1 vid if you didn't pay too much attention to scale. Your friend has a a pretty cool crawler. Lots of detail with lights and accessories.
X, I love that F250 of his! It's fully accessorized and WAY capable!!
As are all 5 of his OTHER crawlers..... !!!!!:cool:

That's pretty cool Joe!
But I actually want the steering independent from each other, because I only want to use the rear steering when I need it, after I fully train myself on using it.
Also, I prefer to have a separate controller for each model.
With one controller for the whole fleet, you can't offer someone to drive along with you.:banghead:
And we all know how much more fun it is to drive in a group.:p

I understand the extra controller, hence the reason i now have 2 gt3c's.... There cheap enough to do that lol. As far as the steering goes with it, it can be set up as below and if you hack it, you can have an 8 channel remote for the price of a 2 ch.... not pushing you or anything, I just think it's cool that you can do so much with one control.

4WS does the same thing as Dual ESC, rear/front only, even mix, bias/protional mixing. However there is a CRAB function that can be applied which will reverse on of the channels to give crab mixing

When I picked up the JK body, I also got a new and unpainted JK body as well.
My youngest daughter(16) asked if she could have it and paint it to her liking.
I told her no problem, then she'd have a body ready to go when I pick up another crawler for her.
She washed, dried, and masked off the hard top in order to lay down a coat of black.
After a few pressings on the spray can nozzle, she decided Dad should do the actual painting instead. LOL

First coat of black:

Looking GREAT FT, I bet she gonna love it......

So, I've been kind of busy lately.
I got an LED light bar for the JK, and built a roll cage out of 3/16" steel rod that mounts to the body to protect it.

Went on several crawls with a bunch of local crawlers!

Found an SCX-10 Dingo with some cool upgrades, painted the wheels to match my daughter's JK body color and then surprised her with her very own crawler!!
She absolutely LOVES it!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back