Axial 32

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazer X

Anybody hip on the axial 32. I ordered it with a p/s I was wondering where i can pick up a backplate for my rotostart. thanks

the axial .32 is a great engine the 4.6 roto start will fit Ive got that set up on my savage X

Any Question about the Axial engines our Admin Xjeepguy and Bama run these engines in everything they have. They are a testiment for Axial engines. Good choice you choose. Like to see a few pics of it in your truck.

Thanks Hop, yeah, we are walking Axial billboards lol. We tried one, and liked it so much now we have 4. Great choice, all you gotta do is break it in properly, and the motor is as easy to tune as they come. I know youll be pleased.

I use a standard break-in method for every engine, regardless of brand. I havn't had one blow on me yet with many gallons.

1st tank is idleing at 200* I adjust the HSN to reach 200* and adjust accordingly to keep it there.

2nd tank is running around the yard at 200*, checking the temps frequently, and maintaining 200* but not going over 1/4 throttle.

3rd tank I lean it out 1/8 turn, but I don't let it go over 220*, no more than 1/2 throttle.

4th tank another 1/8 turn, no higher than 230*, no more than 3/4 throttle.

5th tank another 1/8 turn no higher than 250*

6th tank is tuning the motor in for normal operation.

Break-in is very controversial. Everybody seems to do it differently, and some don't do it at all(theyre the ones buying a new piston/sleeve within a gallon). This is the way I have done it for 20 years, and it works very well for me. You have to practice self control and stick to the regiment if you want it to last.

Follow up on original post

Here's what I'm running...ext. tvps, 3 speed, axial .32, hpi ribbed,16/49 gear combo, 40s, nova shoes and hpi silver springs. I am currently running 30% blue thunder but I am about out, what do you recomend. I also use medium mccoy plug. Any tips on fuel or plug, I also run a ss 4.6 so I'd like to keep them as setup as close as possible when it comes to fuel and plugs. I love the torque of the .32...I'm having much more fun with the larger Savage now with the new mill. Hats off to all yall with the positive posts.:slapped:

I never recommend Blue Thunder, mainly because of it's tendency to gum up engines. I have a couple traxxas engines that all of the internal parts are dyed blue from that stuff lol. I got those used and never even got to run them.

Me and Bama run sidewinder exclusivley. That stuff has after run oil built into it, and seems to tune better than any of the other fuels I have run. Everybody has their favorite, that one is ours.

As for plugs, we currently run OS a5's, but are about to try the Axial plugs.

Which pipe do you run with the Axial .32's. Right Now I have the Hot Bodies Single chamber Aluminum pipe. It did wonders for my HPI .25 but I'm not sure about running it with the .32

Iam glad someone is getting a different engine other then the sts. (don't get me wrong there nice) just wanna c a different engine in the fourm thats all ..... we need pic bud!! :40:

Pics are coming as soon as the Engine gets here, and the new MGT Tank. I'm in the middle of my first Rebuild of my Savage. I took Pics of before and as soon as I'm Done I'll get the After shots for Comparison. These are the last two parts I need to get it running. I can't wait, it should be interesting.

I agree with most about these powerhouse engines..they hold a tune excellent,they start with one or two pulls,and it seems no matter what gearing you run at them with...they still have to tourqe to wheelie the savage around with ease.I know there are tons of great engines out there for tons of different applications....but for the price and relibility you can't go wrong here.....Good Luck with your engine.I also just installed a NOVA cooling head on mine and got all most a 1/2 turn on the HSN to get it up to proper temp....and all i can say is WOW!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back