axial 32

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuz

I just ordered an axial 32!!!! any thoughts on it v.s. my stock xl's 5.9??
I was told more torque and a higher top end.

I don't have any personal experience with the 5.9, but from what I've heard, I would say yes. Like Jeremy said, talk to Crash about the Axial 32 cuz that's what he's runnin. I, personally, am runnin the 28 spec1. And it's a good mill.

The 5.9 is Crap from what I have heard ..

yah I was impressed with the power but the whole piston crumbling apart after 1 gallon really ****ed me off. I'm still gonna rebuild it as a spare mill but am pretty excited about the 32!

Axial .32 is a better choice over the 5.9

do an extended break in and she will treat ya good

yes, I am running a axial .32 now

It was a strong, cool running mill before I modded it.

I have done a little work to it...........he he he

I'm 4 gallons in

Last edited by a moderator:
seems to be alot of dissapointed people in the 5.9... i've heard its ok but doesnt live up to all the hipe about it so i agree with everyone above the axial will definately out perform the 5.9

Axial .32 is a better choice over the 5.9

do an extended break in and she will treat ya good

yes, I am running a axial .32 now

It was a strong, cool running mill before I modded it.

I have done a little work to it...........he he he

Agreeing with what crash said about the extended break-in. Just follow the break-in method he used on his axial and you'll be all set. I used the same break-in method and I've still got a ton of pinch left. Even after a 1 1/2 gal. I know that doesn't sound like alot, but trust me.

I don't want to be a bringer of bad news...but the 5.9 does make more power and RPM then the 32 does...the 5.9 and 32 are made in the same factory, the 5.9 is just a punched out Axial 32 for the most part....they even have identical crankshafts with identical timing..The sleeves also have identical timing.....Not trying to sound bad or pee on anyone's parade but a Axial 32 is not really a step above the 5.9, in fact its the 5.9's little twin brother ......Both motor have good low end, okay midrange and very little top end...... The ports are too small in both motors to support any serious RPM........ the 5.9's big piston is a little thin, but other then that it is definitely stronger then the 32.......I am sorry to say this ! and i am not looking for a fight either....

always good to hear both sides of the story!! I had no complaints about my 5.9 till the piston deteriorated after 1 gallon and hpi gave me the improper tuning lead to abuse of the motor story.

I don't want to be a bringer of bad news...but the 5.9 does make more power and RPM then the 32 does...the 5.9 and 32 are made in the same factory, the 5.9 is just a punched out Axial 32 for the most part....they even have identical crankshafts with identical timing..The sleeves also have identical timing.....Not trying to sound bad or pee on anyone's parade but a Axial 32 is not really a step above the 5.9, in fact its the 5.9's little twin brother ......Both motor have good low end, okay midrange and very little top end...... The ports are too small in both motors to support any serious RPM........ the 5.9's big piston is a little thin, but other then that it is definitely stronger then the 32.......I am sorry to say this ! and i am not looking for a fight either....

Don't be afraid to speak your mind bro ..

i always get sucked in to these threads that ask for your opinion on two motors and I choose one without ever really testing the other

I have never ran or saw a 5.9 run, I should of said that first Cuz but, I do love my 32 and it is my third Axial all great mills and I have not heard anyone happy with theyr 5.9

Jedi, what engine would you recomend he replace his 5.9 with? don't say Picco........lol

i always get sucked in to these threads that ask for your opinion on two motors and I choose one without ever really testing the other

I have never ran or saw a 5.9 run, I should of said that first Cuz but, I do love my 32 and it is my third Axial all great mills and I have not heard anyone happy with theyr 5.9

Jedi, what engine would you recomend he replace his 5.9 with? don't say Picco........lol

When it comes to $200.00 and under there honestly is no competition to the Picco P3 28.... How Picco and OFNA are able to deliver a motor of this quality at this price point is very impressive....I wish a few of you guys lived closer to me and I would take you out running a few PIcco's and let you see for yourself why I speak so highly of these engines...Without question every one of you would come back and say to yourself " Why the hell didn't I buy one of these dam Picco's earlier, Jedi was right I have been missing out" .......... Anyways next to the Picco my next choice is a LRP Spec 3.huge power drop from the Picco but still a very respectable engine for the price......

Anyways I know you didnt want to hear " PIcco" but once you guys start running them you will see why I am so hooked...

Members online

Back