Axial .32 Quality...Not!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the market for a new motor after my 3 hr bash.my .26 is toast..+ I want to freshin up a little .so I'm on ebay lookin at a "sts .30, ofna .32 and for the same $$ I can get a Axial .28 from a local shop..what to do???
after my 1st Axial experience and reading this thread I'm not sure i wanna go down that road again,when its runnin right and not leakin from any of the needles its a pretty good motor,and cheap..do I upsize? or go the quick easy route and Axialize again??

I'm in the market for a new motor after my 3 hr bash.my .26 is toast..+ I want to freshin up a little .so I'm on ebay lookin at a "sts .30, ofna .32 and for the same $$ I can get a Axial .28 from a local shop..what to do???
after my 1st Axial experience and reading this thread I'm not sure i wanna go down that road again,when its runnin right and not leakin from any of the needles its a pretty good motor,and cheap..do I upsize? or go the quick easy route and Axialize again??

If the original problem would have been addressed properly from the git go this thread would not exist...I simply just was not satisfied with the fix that was performed. I might have been able to fill the needle with silicone and let it go but that's not the point. I will never own another axial if it was given too me.

thats what I think everytime it acts up..cheapest motor out there ..even the stock hpi motor is $249+tax in the same shop the Axail is $149,Is it really worth the $100 for all the headaches? I kinda hoped I had a lemon and the next 1 was gonna be a good 1.But I think I might go with the sts .30
ebay $160 shipped

That bites i have a AXIAL and i hope that i don't have to go there with mine so good luck bud.

What about an O.S. Just put one in, powerful, reliable, good customer service. there are a few hobby shops in the greater montreal area, and none of them will go near AXial engines. I'm really glad I spent the extra dough on the O.S.

trust me I had the os 30 in my hand..but it was $130 more then the axial.28..guess thats why ..buy 2 axial's for the price of 1 real/good motor ..your gonna need it!

Hey, GT. Welcome to the site. That's a good Q for the OS 30. You can't beat the stock HPI polished pipe for a full range blend of proformance. What do you want from the pipe?... More top end... Bottom end...Midrange?... If you have a prefference to what your looking for, you might try RB Inovations.com. Ask them what they would suggest in addressing your prefferences. Some might say, keeping a few pipes on hand is the best way to have it all. While this may be true, be prepared and willing to re-tune the engine each time you change the pipe. J P Pipes, 1, 2, and 3, provide power in different rpm ranges based on your sellection. Hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all for the info on the pipe, I think I want more torque I love obsticles, and really rough terrain. I have another question, why do the screws on my dual disk brakes come loose? How do i resolve this? when I first start my run they work great for all of a minute. Thanks.

Hey, no problem, GT. Now to be honnest, I don't have an X Sav. to say, but if your talking a about a screw(not a bolt)in to plastic, just prep the the screw hole area and screw with some rubbing alcohol to de-grease. then, apply a small amount of CA to the screw tip and insert. Ths should work fine and not harm the screw hole. Be careful not to use too much. Also, giving it plenty of drying time never hurts because, metal to plastic, in general, takes more time to setup and cure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, I was gonna use teflon tape. Only problem is I just Had to get out today. Lost the brake piston, and a screw. Screw's not a problem, now i got to find some thing to replace it, in the meantime. About the pipe I want an all round pipe, this engine is strong. I'm on my sixth tank and of fuel and it's still pretty rich, it pulls wheelies easy, it's a rocket. At this point it feels like it's 1/4 faster than the stock 4.1 . Peace.

The OS .30vg, works well with a J P pipe, from what I've seen and heard. It's one, out of these two pipes. The No.1 or No.2.. I can't be quoted, I think the No.1 is for low to mid proformance. You should check first, to verify if that is correct.

Updates !!!!

Mailman came today with a brand new engine.....whoo hooo! I'm happy now and thanks for the support guys. This thread was the backbone of the new engine I guarantee it! Too bad I just bought an lrp 28!!:duh:

You guys will never believe this. So after axial sent me a new .32 engine I had already replaced it with the lrp28. So I sold the new one to my buddy. He was going through the break in cycle and had some issues with tuning so he took it out to reseal everything a second time and he said the front bearing was so loose he pulled it out with is fingers...lol I apologized and gave him the phone number to axial. Has anyone every had that happen?

happend on my surefire.... but the block HAD like 11 gallons on it.. I replaced it yesterday...

As soon as your buddy calls Axial, he's going to see what they won't do. At least that's my guess. He's going to find that he never had a warranty on the motor, Blazer. If you want to stand by you bud and help him get his new paperwieght replaced or repaired, You'll need to go through the warranty claim process for him, with you as the original and current owner. I would do this before Axial gets wind of your gracious offering to your bud. Just my two cents, bro.

I was hatein the axials till the other day tuned it in right for once ..ran almost a full gallon threw it cool and fast ..best day for the axails ever ..they still suck though

Their for awhile everyone was all about the axial saying that they was the best mill for the money i am glad that i didn't get on that band wagon. just how i feel don't take it as I'm bashing that mill or anything like that. i cant say good or bad about them because i have not ran one or seen it ran all i know is what i have heard.

Yea I don't even care about it any more, I washed my hands of that company. I just hope they take care of my buds engine. But so far the lrp28 has been good, I've got 4 tanks of half throttle in it now at the factory settings, I haven't touched the needles yet. I'll update later.

Members online

Back