Axial .28 still runs hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

My Axial .28 is still running hot even after I sealed the backplate, carb, and hsn. The engine bearings feel fine, and the engine is other wise great. It will run 300. Before I even get worked up about this I want to make sure I am checking the temp properly. I stick my Venom temp gun down where the glow plug is and get a reading of 300 degrees. Am I doing it right?

youre taking the temps right.

how is the smoke trail when you run the engine? consistant all the way through the revs and lots of it? if so i would just not worry as much about the temps. temps can throw things off too much. i only check mine very occasionally for reference and tune by what i see all of the time.

youre taking the temps right.

how is the smoke trail when you run the engine? consistant all the way through the revs and lots of it? if so i would just not worry as much about the temps. temps can throw things off too much. i only check mine very occasionally for reference and tune by what i see all of the time.

Okay that's good. One way I tune is I watch the smoke trail and make sure it is the same all the way through. My smoke trail is good and even. It runs great, no complaints but I am some what worried about it running 300 degrees.

Exactly 1 gallon of Monster Horsepower 20% and The Real McCoy plug. It is an MC-8 which is a Med. to Cold. plug.

is there anyway u can get to a track and c if they have a really nice temp GUN then u know if your gauge is on or not

My temp gun is right because my neighbor has a fancy one for his car and we are at the same temps.

SJ-I saw what you said in the shout box. No I didn't remove shims. I removed to head and thread locked it back on. I removed the back plate to seal it but didn't remove the piston/piston sleeve.

UPDATE- I put 2 tanks through it and completly retuned it and managed to keep it at 217. I need to lean it out more though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back