axial .28 questions.........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

on-spinners

can anyone give me advise on this engine?, i have read up on it but i need an honest opinion by a guy that owns one and runs it in a savage, i want to install it in a savage with the 3 speed.
is it easy to tune, what kind of pipe should i use, does it use the origional roto-start (properly....does it fit the way it should to the engine) did the origional flywheel with the 3 shoe clutch fit this motor? is there heat issues?
is it a fairly simple motor to break in, maybe a couple of photos of it in the savage......etc.

sorry for all the questions but i am seriously considering buying this motor, and i think my lhs is only telling me what "they" think i wanna hear, so a person that has some experience with this motor would be awesome!

thanks!

iv never ran one .but from what iv heard they are the same as the 4.6 hpi engine. i was told that the orignal guy from hpi that designed the hpi 4.6 engine left and took his plans for the 4.6 engine and re designed the ports some and that is why it looks a lot like the 4.6 engine. iv heard they are a lot better than the 4.6 engine. i think its a 7 port engine too. iv heard they have a little more power than the 4.6 hpi engine too. iv also never heard anyone complaining about them like i have about the 4.6 hpi engines. also iv never heard of the main bearing problems like the 4.6 has either. i hope this helps some.....

Picture002.jpg
if this is what your talking about its an awesome engine sounds awesome,easy tuning and holds it very well used the stock clutch 3 shoe, but it seems to hate the slipper clutch keeps burning it out (any ideas?)zero issues with heat and i,m running in fl.

Attachments

• Picture002.jpg
    Picture002.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back